Chef Mickeys vs. Crystal Palace

Pocahontas1

Mouseketeer
Ok, I'm trying to decide on breakfast for our MK morning. It will be me, my mom, DS (4) and DD (1). We're going to try to PSB, so not worried about even trying for CRT. Anyway, I had originially thought Chef Mickeys for breakfast and then we could walk to the park. Then I remembered we can't do that so I realized we would have to load up the car again, drive to park, take the ferry/monorail and wait to get in. DS really wants to dance and twirl his napkin...any suggestions?

I guess I could let my mom take the kids while I move the car if Chef Mickey's is that much better. What do you think, would we be just as happy at CP or is CM a better choice? I have to call in two days :confused3

Thanks for your feedback.

The Crystal Palace is SO much better than Chef Mickey's. If you book an early PS, such as a 8:05 am priority seating then you'll be able to enter into the park early. Your kids will LOVE going into the Magic Kingdom before it's open to the public. The characters include: Pooh, Piglet, Eeyore, and Tigger. They're so much fun and the character interaction is wonderful! Pooh even starts a parade around the restaurant which is SO cute. All of the kids follow Pooh while he holds a sign that says "It's my special day." There's waffles, pancakes, lots of fruit, strawberries and whip cream, hard boiled eggs, bagels, walnut crumb cake, raspberry crumb cake, various cereals, breakfast lasagna, sausage, bacon, scrambled eggs, cheesy hash browns (one of my favorites!), made to order omelets, and made to order pancakes (even Mickey Mouse ones!). Service is wonderful. I highly recommend getting a 8:05 am PS because the food will be hot and fresh and it won't be as crowded. :flower:

You could always park at the TTC and take the resort monorail to the contemporary for breakfast. Then you could either walk to MK or take the monorail.

I would do both if you can. They are both great. I would do CP for breakfast and CM for dinner one night.

:wizard: The Crystal Palace Breakfast is GREAT! I've done both more than once and CP is the winner. You get better service and the characters spend a lot of time in the dining room. I agree, get a 8:05 AM PS to get in early. We leave in 78 more days and have CP booked for 8:05. :cool1:
:hourglass BWV May 22-31

Crystal Palace By Far is better than Chef Mickeys!!! Plus you are in the Magic Kingdom ...that alone!

I guess I'm in the minority, but I might go for Chef Mickey's. We're doing both on our next trip (usually do) and I love CP, but I like the food variety better at Chef Mickey's so if I had to pick one, based solely on that, it would be Chef Mickey's. Really though, both are great, and I also wouldn't hesitate for CP instead.

Thanks for everyone's response. Looks like it was almost unamious and we'll go the the Crystal Palace. I'll have to check and see if I have day available for CM for dinner. So much to do, so little time....

Thanks again.

We just returned yesterday, and did both on our trip. We loved both!! My kids are a little older, 5 and 9. With your kid's ages, I would recommend CP. CP to me was more laid back and was not quite as over-stimulating. We had a 8:05 PS, and it was really cool to be one of a few on Main street in the early AM. Walking into CP was MAGICAL!! It ended up being just me and my 9 year old because my 5 year old is afraid of the characters. Even at my son's age, he was blown away, we really enjoyed ourselves. The atmosphere is amazing and the food was wonderful. I think you will be very happy there. But like I said, we loved both, CP just may be more enjoyable for your kid's ages. Enjoy!! They also do a parade at CP with the characters.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter