Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon??

jandm

Mouseketeer
Trying to decide between Chef Mickey's or Whispering Canyon Cafe for dinner. Both sound like fun, and I just can't decide. Our kids are 9, 7 & 3. This site has been so helpful in helping us plan our meals... :)

IMO I would go with Chef Mickey's for a couple of reasons.
1-CM has the main characters and your kids would probably enjoy the interaction.
2-If you have picky eaters there are more options for food.
3- My 9 and 5 year olds actually requested CM for our summer visit and asked to skip WCC this time. They did not enjoy the antics of the WCC, not sure why? (May have something to do with the fact that we stay at the WL and pass by it alot)

I think you will enjoy either one. Have a wonderful time!

For the fun, characters and atmosphere, CM. Just for the food, WCC.

With kids yours kids, age...CM for sure. I fine WCC over the top loud and crazy. I do like the food. Food is just ok at CM but we have had wonderful character interaction there and have gotten some GREAT pictures.

I liked both restaurants. Food wise neither of them are amazing (not bad though) but CM has the great atmosphere, buffet, and characters, while WCC has the funny waitresses and is in the gorgeous WL. Overall I would have to go with CM.

Why don't you do Whispering Canyon for lunch as a break from MK on a day you visit there. It's a nice boat ride to take mid day

We have picky eaters and therefore really struggle to find things on the WCC menu for our children to eat. We have skipped WCC and CM last few trips, kids asked to go back to CM, never even mentioned WCC. So from our house you would get CM.

My family won't be going back to WCC. The food was ok, nothing to get excited about, but the atmosphere was draining. THe whole ketchup thing is insane and then they run around the place like crazy. Even our kids couldn't enjoy the food. Aftwards I thought I would have to eat a botlle of Tums, the place was so frantic.

I would go with Chef Mickeys... You meet the characters, its a buffet so little wait for food with tired kids. Its not gourmet but it isn't bad.

We tried WCC, must have been a VERY off night. We waited over an hour past our ADR to be seated, it was so loud you couldn't think. Kids were battling over the Lincoln log table.

It took forever to get our food, it wasn't very good and we skipped dessert just because it had been such a wait. When we left I am sure we were at 2 1/2 hours from check in to exit. Never again.

Could you go to WCC just for dessert during your visit? It's lovely to see the Lodge, and they have bottomless milkshakes which are REALLY good.

I love WCC for breakfast. I thought dinner was good there, but breakfast is my favorite.

I have two WCC stories. During the first moments of my daughter's first visit to WDW, we arrived at the Wilderness Lodge to check in around 7 a.m., and our room was not ready. My daughter had just turned two, and she was tired from the journey, so we decided to go to WCC for breakfast. As soon as we walked over to the restaurant, she had a melt down with crying and everything. The cast members stepped in and entertained her and she was smiling within seconds. They were so cool about it.

The second event happened over breakfast on our last trip. My daughter was six, and we were having a nice leisurely breakfast together. At a table next to us were two parents and two little girls. The parents were both engrossed with texting on their cell phones and completely ignoring the two little girls during the entire breakfast. Our waitress came up to their table and in a joking manner, she really put the parents in their place. She said something like this, "You have two beautiful little girls joining you for breakfast on a magical vacation, and you are both so involved with your business that you haven't even noticed them. Who are the children and who are the adults at this table?" The parents turned beet red and put away their cell phones immediately. I could tell that they felt embarrassed, and also, that they realized the cast member was correct. I felt she had really overstepped her bounds, though. The parents didn't bring out their cell phones again for the rest of the meal, but it was obvious they didn't know how to interact with their children. They seemed so awkward with them for the rest of the meal and lost without their cell phones.

I love WCC, but I would choose Chef Mickey's, if you cannot do both.

I think it really depends on what you are looking for. Personally we would choose WCC because we had an amazingly fun breakfast there with DDs 10 & 11. CM was great, too, but it wasn't nearly as much fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter