Chef Mickeys or The Crystal palace

bhardy

Mouseketeer
I'm going to be in Disney the first week in Nov with DH, DD5,DD7mo, and FIL. We are only there for 3 full days not sure which to choose. I have to choose between brunch at Chef Mickeys or early dinner at a the Crystal Palace. dD5 said she wants to eat with Pooh and the gang but we are staying at the Contemporary so Chef Mickeys is convienent and it is the Fab 5. So which would you choose?

I would personally so with who your daughter wants to eat with. Chef Mickey's gets pretty bad reviews around here, I have always liked it myself. Not particularly loved the food but been perfectly fine with it.

I have done Crystal Palace breakfast also and while getting into MK before park open was nice, the food wasn't memorable either. Food was perfectly fine, both neither one was spectacular. So therefore, I would go with your daughter's choice.

I would go with Crystal Palace. Your daughter loves the characters and the food is delicious. I also find the ambiance of CP incredibly magical and sweet... the theming is cute and it looks over cinderella's castle!

We've never done Chef Mickey's, so I cannot speak for it. But, we absolutely love having breakfast at the Crystal Palace. It's definitely our breakfast place of choice!

We do not like many buffet lunches/dinners (except Tuskerhouse and Boma) so if your choices are dinner at Crystal Palace or Brunch at Chef Mickey's I'd go with brunch at Chef Mickey's...and we have done breakfast and dinner at Chef Mickey's and all meals at Crystal Palace and now will only do breakfast at both (although I might do brunch now!).

I've never done Crystal Palace breakfast but I have done their dinner and I loved the building and experience. If your daughter loves Pooh and friends she will love it there, character interaction was spectacular. The food is typical "Disney-buffet" but its food and really you're there for the characters.

I'd go with Crystal Palace. Actually, I'd go with almost anything over Chef Mickey's!! You say brunch at Chef Mickey's would be convenient since you're staying at CR, but will it really? Do you plan to stay at the resort until brunch? Then you're missing prime low-crowd park time. If you do go to the park first, then you're leaving to go back to the resort, then back to the park. Not that CR is far at all, but just a little less convenient than Crystal Palace. And if that's what your daughter wants, I'd definitely go with it.

Thank you all for your thoughts... I'm going with Crystal Palace. I think my daughter will be excited. I'm trying to include her in the planning but keep the final choices a surprise so we have the best of both worlds.

I think Crystal Palace is really a beautiful place. I think the variety of option for dinner is pretty nice too and everyone should have fun and I love the Pooh characters. I also think it's pretty hard to mess up breakfast but you can meet the big cheese elsewhere. However a first day with Mickey and his pals is pretty iconic however your daughter voiced a preference so I'd stick with it.

Chef Mickey's is just okay in my opinion, however I love Crystal Palace. If you could end up with brunch at CP that would be even better because breakfast is the best meal there (imo) - cant go wrong with the puffed french toast!

I like them both but have only done Chef Mickey's breakfast. Trying dinner this next trip. But if your daughter wants to meet Pooh and the gang, that's where I would pick. She can meet the rest of the Fab 5 throughout the parks.

Another vote for Crystal Palace. Your 5 year old daughter will love the character interaction. And you'll love watching her reactions.

I would go with CP...characters were great when we went. Didn't feel rushed and food was good.

I'm another vote for Crystal Palace, especially if your daughter wants to see Pooh. I like the overall atmosphere better at Crystal Palace, and we've always enjoyed our meals there. Pooh & friends are so cute!

I'm a little worried that I may have made a mistake canceling our breakfast there and changing it to BOG.

We liked Crystal Palace a little more than Chef Mickey's. Both were fine, but Chef Mickey's was LOUD and we felt a bit rushed with the characters in there versus at CP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter