• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickeys or Ohana

tmrmom

Earning My Ears
My family is planning our first trip to WDW for this June. It will be myself, DH, DS (9), DS (7), and DD (3) and we were thinking of going to a character meal but are not sure if Chef Mickeys or Ohana would be better. Any suggestions would be appreciated :)

We've been to both. OHanas has better food but with your family on this trip I would recommend Chef Mickeys. The food is good there but the atmosphere is better and more fun with the characters. I love the cupcake bar.

We loved Chef Mickeys last year. It is casual and so much fun for young children. The food is good, maybe not gourmet, but the atmosphere makes up for any shortfall in the food.

I'm going to go with O'Hana. We just ate at Chef Mickey's last week and it was good and characters were great, but with your older kids, I think they would like O'Hana better. My 2 cents.

I booked chef mickey for breakfast and ohana for dinner in the same day for my upcoming trip

so that decides that :rotfl2:

We went to breakfast at Chef Mickeys and at O'Hana during our Oct. 2004 trip, and found hands down that Chef Mickeys was better (we had been to CM before, and have done both breakfast and lunch at Crystal Palace with the Pooh characters). The food (in our opinion) was MUCH better at CM and the characters were much more fun/engaged/interactive (with all of us, not just with our 6-year-old). We might have caught O'Hana on an off day, but we felt rushed, the characters seemed to be just doing the minimum they could do, the food was cold, and our son really didn't like being pressured (by the staff) to be in the "parade" that goes around the restaurant.

If you can oly do one, I would suggest Chef Mickey's. Lots of variety, good food, & the characters are so much fun there. It is our "tradition" if you will to do CM's on our arrival night every time we go.

One to remember is that Chef Mickey's is a buffet and Ohanas is served family style. With the ages of your kids, it looks like at least 2, if not all three, will need help going through a buffet, which means a lot of work (up and down, up and down) for you. With kids, I like to be served.

Are you planning for breakfast or dinner? 'Ohana only has characters at breakfast; Chef Mickey's has characters at both breakfast and dinner. I would recommend Chef Mickey's for the fun Disney atmosphere for either meal. 'Ohana serves good food and the characters at breakfast are fun, but the atmosphere at Chef Mickey's is more pleasing to kids, IMHO.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter