Chef Mickey's or Ohana for breakfast?

OceanLvr78

Earning My Ears
First time at Disney in forever and taking my 5yo son!!! This kid lives and breathes anything on Disney Jr, but most especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I have reservations for both Ohana and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We only need one. But I'm not sure which one to keep? I want my son to really have a great experience since this is a one day Disney trip (I know, I know...). Which do you think he would enjoy more?
Also, I have not been able to find what the pricing is like for both places and the menu's I've seen are pretty limited.
TIA for any help!!

Going with his favourite, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - out of your 2 ADRs - Chef Mickey's (more of his favorites at CM then at 'Ohana where he will only see Mickey & Pluto along with Lilo & Stitch)

But if Disney Jr is his true love... Hollywood & Vine at HS would be the number one choice for him. That's where he would get to meet those particular characters.

As I recall - 'Ohana was about $20.99 per adult & $11.99 per child, with Chef Mickey coming in at approx $10 per person higher per adult & $6 per child.. (there are often seasonal variations in pricing for buffets & All you can eat meals)

Last edited:
Going with his favourite, Mickey Mouse Clubhouse - out of your 2 ADRs - Chef Mickey's (more of his favorites at CM then at 'Ohana where he will only see Mickey & Pluto along with Lilo & Stitch)

But if Disney Jr is his true love... Hollywood & Vine at HS would be the number one choice for him. That's where he would get to meet those particular characters.

As I recall - 'Ohana was about $20.99 per adult & $11.99 per child, with Chef Mickey coming in at approx $10 per person higher (there are often seasonal variations in pricing for buffets & All you can eat meals)

We would have to have tickets to get into HS though wouldn't we??

Chef Mickey's features the Fab 5, so if he's a Mickey junky, it's the better bet.

'Ohana was just a quieter, more subdued experience for us, so generally I'd pick that.

my kids much prefered ohana they tske the kids and make them dance laith caracterd st a dorte of parade with music instruments interaction wsd much better that at chef mickey

omg do much mistake with my cell sorry...they take kids and make them a dance parade with caracter and music instruments.. We found the inrection with the caracter so much better at Ohana, Chef Mickey is always full, always a lot of kids around the caracters even if they come to the table.. caracter are always on a rush..didn't like it

You could upgrade your 1 day tickets to park hoppers and have an early breakfast at Hollywood Studios with the characters from Disney Junior and then ride Toy Story Mania and Star Tours and then head over to the Magic Kingdom.

From Touring Plans:
"Play 'n Dine at Hollywood & Vine" features the Disney Junior characters Jake (fromJake and the Neverland Pirates), Handy Manny, Doc McStuffins, and Sofia the First at breakfast and lunch. Be warned that with all the glass, tile, and chrome, the noise echoes for days. Breakfast buffet $31 (child $17); Lunch buffet $35 (child $19); Dinner buffet $40 (child $21) Note: Prices for character meals increase during peak periods.

Or you could eat at either Chef Mickey or Ohana and take the monorail to the Magic Kingdom, which would also be fun for a little boy!

DH and I prefer 'Ohana. We thought the food was better, a lot more relaxed and the character interaction much better. However, Chef Mickey is always a must do for us. Our DS8 and DD2 absolutely love it!

We have taken our kids to both, but the whole family prefers Ohana. It is more relaxing to be served at the table, and we have had much better character interaction. My DS4 is also all about Disney Jr, but Mickey and Pluto are his favorites, so that was covered.

Someone correct me if wrong, but Ohana has Mickey & Pluto I believe.

There are two bad Chef Mickey threads in a row. Rethinking our dinner ADR....

I really hate my dinner at cm. food was not good and cold the caracter where not that friendly and kods was running everywhere

We have been to both (thought food was better at Ohana) but my DS-4.5 requested chef Mickey's for our upcoming trip. In fact his only WDW request was CM. we have been to CM's 5 times and one time I thought it was a little dirty but my kids like it best so we return.

First time at Disney in forever and taking my 5yo son!!! This kid lives and breathes anything on Disney Jr, but most especially Mickey Mouse Clubhouse. I have reservations for both Ohana and Chef Mickey's for breakfast. We only need one. But I'm not sure which one to keep? I want my son to really have a great experience since this is a one day Disney trip (I know, I know...). Which do you think he would enjoy more?
Also, I have not been able to find what the pricing is like for both places and the menu's I've seen are pretty limited.
TIA for any help!!

We prefer 'Ohana for food quality and overall dining experience. It is less hectic and you get served your breakfast family style rather than having to go up to serve yourself at a buffet - certainly more relaxing. At 'Ohana you meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. At Chef Mickey's you meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto.
Chef Mickey's is a traditional buffet breakfast. 'Ohana serves pineapple bread, biscuits, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles, fresh fruit, and awesome tropical juice. You can search the beginning of the Restaurants forum on the DIS to find the price for each restaurant under the Buffet, Character Meal, & AYCTE pricing thread.

Ohana - the food is far and away much better than at Chef Mickey's. Love the characters at both, the food and overall experience is much better at Ohana. My kids love the parade they do.

We prefer 'Ohana for food quality and overall dining experience. It is less hectic and you get served your breakfast family style rather than having to go up to serve yourself at a buffet - certainly more relaxing. At 'Ohana you meet Lilo, Stitch, Mickey, and Pluto. At Chef Mickey's you meet Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, and Pluto.
Chef Mickey's is a traditional buffet breakfast. 'Ohana serves pineapple bread, biscuits, eggs, potatoes, bacon, sausage, Mickey waffles, fresh fruit, and awesome tropical juice. You can search the beginning of the Restaurants forum on the DIS to find the price for each restaurant under the Buffet, Character Meal, & AYCTE pricing thread.
This was really helpful! Thank yoU!!

If he loves Mickey I would choose Chef Mickeys. We've only been to breakfast at Chef Mickeys and my 4 kids loved it! The food was really good and they had great interactions with the characters. Restaurant was about as busy and noisy as any other restaurant we went to.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter