Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare for buffet with kids?

lindsmoss

Earning My Ears
Contemplating whether to book dinner reservations at Chef Mickeys or 1900 Park Fare? Traveling with large party of 16 with 7 small children! Which do you recommend? Which has better food?

thanks!

We did both CM and 1900 PF dinner with our nieces and all of us disliked it very very very much. The characters were great at both places but the food was horrid at both places.

If you are going to do a character meal I suggest breakfast as the food is so much better

We have done both and I agree the food at Chef Mickey's is bad for dinner. However, we have been to 1900 Park Fare several times over the past few years and found the food to be excellent for dinner and the character interaction is amazing as well. I would vote for 1900 Park Fare

Another vote for 1900 Park Fare!! Food was very good.. we have been debating Chef Mickey for dinner as well but too many bad reviews. We did in back in 2005 and I do remember the character interaction as great. This trip we are doing it for breakfast!!

Had dinner at chef mickeys last summer...it was delicious!! Nothing super special but all the food was edible and we really enjoyed it.

As for breakfast, disney breakfast buffets are pretty standard...mickey waffles (my fave!) Pastries omelettes bacon cereal etc...not to say that they aren't awesome cuz they are...I guess wha it really comes down to is what characters do you want to see? I would say chef mickeys would be more of a crowd pleaser since they have the classic character lineup (mickey minnie pluto goofy donald) the benefit of 1900 park fare (to me at least) is the fact that its in the grand floridian which is such a beautiful place...which might be lost on the kids.

Overall I would say that chef mickeys is a better choice.

We had dinner at Chef Mickey and enjoyed it enough to book it again for this trip in two weeks. It was tasty. The food was fresh and hot. It wasn't a gourmet feast or anything, but it was fun and good.

We liked the food at 1900 Park Fare. It was one of the few places we could get salad.

I haven't been to Chef Mickey's but we went to 1900PF this trip and found it was great. Even as a group of adults it was good fun and the food wasn't too bad either.

In my opinion 1900PF is a great alternative to Cinderella's Royal Table.

So all in all I would highly recommend! If you are interested, please check out my review of our experience (pics included). The link is in my signature :)

We have been to CM and the characters were great, food was ok.
Last. Sept we tried 1900 Park Fair and it was our best exp. of our
trip. We are going last week of May and the 1st res I made was for
1900 PF. for dinner. Can't wait for this res, last year was so much
fun and we have some great pics and memories.

Are the kids boys or girls? The boys in our party did not like 1900 - more princesses, and they found the atmosphere at GF stifling. The girls loved it. We did dinner, and tthe adults loved the food.

We did Chef Mickey's for breakfast and we all enjoyed it. That was 5 kids, ages 4 - 10, both genders.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter