Chef Mickey's Kid's Make Desserts

johnhan

Earning My Ears
My daughter saw something on TV about kids being able to make their own desserts at Chef Mickey's. Does anyone know anything about this? Is it available at breakfast?

:earsgirl:

They have a make your own cupcake station - there are cupcakes there and you choose which icing and which toppings you would like. There is also alot of other desserts. As for breakfast, I don't remember seeing the cupcake station there - but again, there are alot of other sweets available.

I have never seen this for breakfast either. I think it may only be at dinner.

We were at Chef Mickey's two weeks ago and last October. On both of those supper occassions the cupcake station was missing. I'm not sure they do that anymore. The kids did enjoy making their own soft serve ice cream sundaes with candy toppings. The kids miss the cupcakes. It was a lot of fun.

We were just at Chef Mickey's on saturday, 7/2 and did not see a cupcake station. Our kids did enjoy the 'build your own sundae' station though.

My dds saw the same special last year. When we went to CM for dinner last November it wasn't there. They did have fun at the ice cream station though.

We skipped CM last year, but the year before they had the cupcake station. DD would much rather have a sundae bar, which I don't remember seeing when we were there. I just booked dinner at CM so DD will be excited about the ice cream!

did you see the 'make your own dessert' on the food network? My daughter saw an unwrapped with that and also a bakery that she wants to go to. Of course she didn't catch the name of either restaurant.
If you know the name of the bakery from the show, please tell me.
Thanks.
-Amy ::MinnieMo

hippiechicken said:
did you see the 'make your own dessert' on the food network? My daughter saw an unwrapped with that and also a bakery that she wants to go to. Of course she didn't catch the name of either restaurant.
If you know the name of the bakery from the show, please tell me.
Thanks.
-Amy ::MinnieMo

It was at the Land in Epcot that you could be a Baker. I think they still do this.....not sure. Here is a little info (a bit dated). http://allearsnet.com/din/rev_jrchef.htm

I am sure I saw kids with baker hats when we were at the Land last month.

I also saw the food network and firmly believe the baking took place at the GF, I remember the children going through the lobby and giving ppl their homebaked goods with baker hats on. :flower:

cnids00 said:
I also saw the food network and firmly believe the baking took place at the GF, I remember the children going through the lobby and giving ppl their homebaked goods with baker hats on. :flower:

Both posters are correct. Each of these baking segments were featured on different shows.

The baking at GF was featured on one show. It has a cost.

The baking at Epcot was featured on a different show and it is FREE.

They may have been talking about the painter's pallette dessert at the Concourse Steakhouse - which is also in the Contemporary, next to Chef Mickey's.

I know this was featured on one of the Disney Food specials.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter