• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickeys for Breakfast or Dinner

mom2dina

Mouseketeer
Hi -
What would you do breakfast or dinner.

We are on dinning plan. We did the dinner last time and were not impressed with the food but the kids really liked it (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the ice cream :-)

But we have never done the breakfast.

Let me know what you think!

Dinner was dreadful and will never go back. Breakfast was on par with other character breakfasts. There was good character interaction. The dinner ADR was 30 minutes late, but breakfast was right on time. The characters came to our table twice. They didn't do a parade like the nighttime, but they did have children stand and wave napkins. We're going back for breakfast again.

We always go for dinner because the kids like the sundae bar! Yes, food is not that great. I've heard that the breakfast is the same as the other breakfast buffets. Can't imagine it being bad. ;)

I've only done the breakfast but it was fun. Good character interaction, each character spent awhile at our table interacting with everyone. It's standard Disney breakfast food. No matter when you go Breakfast or Dinner your not really going for the food.

We did dinner last year and actually enjoyed it. The food was not that bad and was surely better than Crystal Palace and Tusker House. I just hate wasting a TS credit on breakfast. I would rather eat prime rib than bacon!

Hi -
What would you do breakfast or dinner.

We are on dinning plan. We did the dinner last time and were not impressed with the food but the kids really liked it (I'm sure it has nothing to do with the ice cream :-)

But we have never done the breakfast.

Let me know what you think!

IMO would drop them both food has been horrible last three trips went last October as my cousin went with her 3 year old and wanted to try it and never again:sad1: it used to be a place we never missed on a trip service??? there was NONE oh forgot she did bring a check and then ask for her tip????/I had got the coffee mugs and got the juice glasses and no one had said a thing to me. we had table of 6:confused3 IMO we like Donalds safari breakfast (very good choices) in AK and also O'Hanas (family style) has characters in POLY and we like Hollywood and Vine in HS and have always had good food there. also 1900 Park Fare in GF good as is Crystal Palace in MK with Pooh and friends and has characters all three meals:cheer2: Cape May has Goofy and friends for breakfast only but was very good. Norway has princess breakfast. and is always Cindrellas Castle with all princess for breakfast and other meals as well is 2 TS for any meals there and hard to get ressie for.:cheer2: for Mickey were stuck with Chef Mickeys and we just will no longer go there until hear food and service cleaned up. Whispering Canyons in WL is fun and have thngs for kids to do but no characters other than the servers are a riot...is family style or can order off menu as well:yay:

If you must eat there, another vote for breakfast. It's the only place you can find the Fab Five characters, but if that's not a big deal, there is better food elsewhere.

I've done both and we prefer the breakfast. The dinner choices weren't that great and its pretty hard to mess up a breakfast.

I'd say niether, because Chef Mickey's was so bad the time we went it OFFENDED me, and I swore I would never darken the entrance of that place ever again.

But if I HAD to choose a meal there, I would say breakfast, because it can't be as bad as dinner was. Or maybe it can, that place is awful.

There are MUCH better character meals on property, namely Tusker House and 1900 Park Fare for the food and Cape May and Ohana for the atmosphere and character interaction. The breakfast buffet at Crystal Palace is also quite good, although I always feel smashed in there and I don't care for the Pooh characters as much as others.

We're doing Chef Mickey's for dinner our upcoming trip--we've never been, we like to do one character meal a trip, and we decided to go for it. The reason we're doing dinner is that we prefer a light breakfast so we were avoiding breakfast character meals (if we weren't, we'd have done Crystal Palace....).

We ate at Chef Mickey for breakfast last year and REALLY enjoyed it! Alot of character interaction:yay:We are going for dinner Oct. 24th, I hope it's just as good!

I also didn't care much for dinnger. My family and I love a big breakfast before heading out to the parks. Chef Mickey is wonderful and the characters are great. You'll be nice and full until mid afternoon!

Shelly

Ahhh, Chef Mickey's. How I love to loathe you, lol! :laughing:

I am just not a fan of the food there, period. But of course it is my children's FAVORITE restaurant of all time (not just at Disney, but all time!). So we compromise and go for breakfast because at least you can get cold cereal, fruit and Mickey waffles which are hard to mess up.

And hey, who doesn't love a breakfast buffet that includes a candy bar! :rotfl: Come to think of it...now I know why my kids love it so much!

I'd say niether, because Chef Mickey's was so bad the time we went it OFFENDED me, and I swore I would never darken the entrance of that place ever again.

Ditto

There are much better character meals out there!

We are 12 trips together and countless for my DH and we never miss Chef Mickey's for breakfast! GREAT selection and although we ARE the "big kids" it has ALWAYS been a exceptional experience as usually it is the first stop of the day for most families , everyone rested and excited for what the remainder of day holds, characters out the entire time - an all around GREAT time, GREAT food and we never miss it!

We've done both Breakfast and Dinner and have found that both are amazing! As I always say, it's not just about the food, but the experience. To me both breakfast and dinner are typical buffet food, nothing amazing (except those cheesey hashbrowns at breakfast!!), but it's not horrible food either. We've actually had better character interaction at Dinner! The few times we've been for breakfast, the characters come around once, but when we went for dinner, they stopped by our table on 3 sepereate ocassions!

The dinner was awful when I went. I would only go there again for breakfast (because it's harder to screw that up) and only if children were begging me to meet the fab 5. My kids enjoyed seeing the fab 5 but DH and I left very hungry because the food was so gross. And who asks you to pay for a photo with a ceramic mickey??? Dumb.

We've done both breakfast and dinner. Although we enjoyed both of them (the food, character interaction, etc. was wonderful. Especially at dinner! However, this was in the early 2000s, so I'm not sure if either has changed since then), the general feeling seemed to be that breakfast was the way to go.:thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter