Chef Mickeys early reservation

robhammer

Earning My Ears
Hello all ,will be in WDW from 31st May at OKW, have a breakfast reservation at Chef Mickeys for 8-05 A.M and just asking if anyone can confirm the buses start running early enough to get there, it will be a EMH day so park opens at 8,
our US friends say buses start at 6-30 but wonder if anyone from UK has experience of getting to Magic Kingdom at that time to transfer to the Contemporary

We have been several times and usually have a 7:35 adr. We take the bus from POP to MK and walk over...or last year we were lucky we were with another family that was also going to Chef Mickey's and they took us straight to the Contemporary. You just have to plan on a VERY early bus or take a taxi.

Will

The buses do begin running a 6:30am, you'll be able to walk from the bus drop off over to the Contemporary. Sometimes if you are the only one on the bus and ask the driver, they'll drop you directly at CR. Depending on where you stay I would allow 45 minutes to 1 hour for your transportation; possibly waiting for pick-up + ride time + walk time (5-10min. depending on your party). The fastest and most assured way point to point is a taxi which will run you $15-25, also depending where you stay and will take 20-30 minutes.

We had Crystal Palace ADR at 8:05am last August, no problem at all taking the bus from OKW. Absolutely no reason at all to pay for a taxi, the bus takes you to MK as quick as 9 minutes and its less than a 5 min walk to Contemp.

Thanks for replies, I am with my 8 year old son and as we won't get to OKW until about 9-00 PM on the 30th the Chef Mickey buffet will be a perfect start to the first day as we will both need a big breakfast and can still get to MK quite early after, will take my chances with the bus but keep checking WDW site to see if a later time pops up

I would keep the early time - if you are flying in the previous evening jet lag will have you up bright and early :thumbsup2

I would keep the early time - if you are flying in the previous evening jet lag will have you up bright and early :thumbsup2

I second this :thumbsup2

Also, if you go earlier, you run less risk of waiting unreasonably long to be seated if they start to build up a backlog and run behind schedule.

We have done a 7.05 am breakfast at Chef Mickeys and took a bus over at 6.15 to MK. The driver dropped us all right at the contemporary so it saved us the walk/monorail trip from MK. Even so, we would have still been way too early even if we had needed to make our way from MK to CM.

The general rule is to leave 60-90 minutes for transportation within WDW if using their transportation system. We have found the early ADR's require far less time. The buses do start running just after 6 am especially for those with early reservations who require getting from resort to resort. You will be fine :)

Thanks again everyone for replies, I do not think getting up in time for the first bus will be a problem as I last visited WDW 7 years ago with my eldest son and getting up and out was no problem, although we stayed at POP then and he had free breakfasts in the food court so we did not have to worry about early adr's. Chef Mickeys should be perfect start to my other sons holiday and we can then go straight on to Magic Kingdom so I'll probably leave things as they are

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter