Chef Mickey's Dinner - not worth the $$$

kjs1976

Thanks for the magic, Walt!
Just got back from the world. I was excited to take my family to Chef Mickey's for dinner. Was able to get alll 6 of us in only for dinner one evening. B-fast would've been my first choice, but even at 90 days out, all I could get was late b-fasts and we had our days planned accoridng to TGM so there wasn't much flexibility.

First of all, it's $31.99, which is a lot. I read on allears.net that it was $29.99, which is still a lot, but that was updated as of Jan. It also said gratuity would be added for parties of 8 or more and now we know it's 6 or more. I didn't think that there was a lot of choices in food for that much money. What we ate was good, but not worth that price per person. My daughter loved the characters, but they seemed to come by for 5 seconds and leave instead of taking time to be at your table for pictures and interaction like they did in the past. We did get to get a quick snap shot with some of them on their second time around, but it felt like we were inconviencing them.Even my brother, who eats a lot and is a big buffet guy, said it was not worth the money.

If you have a family who doesn't eat much, I would not suggest this restaurant. Also be aware that it is very noisy and chaotic with all the kids and the characters.

The breakfast in June was $26.99 for adults. To me, it definitely wasn't worth it. This is coming from someone who has three young kids who should have loved it. The characters here were more rushed than in our other character meals (CP for lunch, Akershus for dinner). The other two character meals were much better, in my opinion.

We did Chef Mickeys in January on the DDP and had the BEST time. We were celebrating a birthday and the characters came around a LOT and spent a lot of time with us and really, all the guests. Yes, they had to keep moving but we certainly got our share of pictures with them!!! The food was one of the best buffets we have had at Disney including Boma which we thought just wasn't our thing. We did have an early reservation if that makes any difference but I'd certainly go back. I truly enjoyed it.

Sharon

I went to Chef Mickey's for breakfast a couple of days ago. The food was good but nothing too special. We were on the DDP so it was already paid for but I was pretty shocked when they brought the bill by and I saw the price. I booked it because of the charaters though. But we were there for about 45 min-1 hour and the charaters only made it all the way around once(Minnie never made it to our table when we were there.) When most of the characters got to our table they just stopped for a quick picture and left. Pluto was playful though and Donald and Goofy werent too bad. Im not saying that the characters seemed bothered by stopping at our tables but they seemed borderline rushed.

We went last October and I agree with you on the fact that it's expensive for so-so food. We did the dinner and the food was good but the experience was AWESOME! It was by far my son's favorite dinner (he's 6) because he got to meet all the characters without waiting in line. The smile on his face every time Mickey, Goofy, etc. would come to our table was priceless.

This was our first Disney trip with ds and I saved and saved and saved so $$ would never be an issue (reasonably) and SO many people had told me how expensive everything was there. I'm glad I went with that attitude because I would have had sticker shock at every turn.

It's funny to me how differently people feel about different things. I think it's all according to ages of kids, your interests, etc. I've recommended Chef Mickey's to everyone who's asked. :)

I really enjoyed Chef Mickey's for breakfast. The character interaction was great. I will do it again for breakfast.

However, several years later I decided to try Chef Mickey's for dinner (April 08). BIG MISTAKE! I would've been happier going to DTD and having McDonalds! The food wasn't good for the money spent. And the character interaction was horrible. We were there for over an hr and we saw the characters stopped by long enough for pictures if that. I was very disappointed. I will never go back for dinner.

We also did Chef Mickey's for dinner last year and I was very disappointed. I didn't feel like there was anything in the buffet that was even ok. The characters were good but as the PP said they did feel rushed. However, I find that to be the case at all character meals but I guess it's unavoidable since they have alot of meeting and greeting to do in a short time. I am also not a big fan of the set up of it- it feels like a cafeteria to me. I definitely wouldn't go back.

We ate there too last week for dinner. Since it was our first trip, I wanted my son to get the experience of the characters. The food, not so great, just ok, but he LOVED the characters, and said the whole trip his favorite meal was Chef Mickey's. He liked their chicken nuggets, he said, but probably it was more about the experience. It was the second most expensive meal of our trip, more expensive than Ohana's, which has MUCH better food. However, we were on the dining plan, so it didn't matter. We would probably return if my son is still into the characters on our next visit, otherwise, probably not.

We love Chef Mickeys for dinner. It is a must do every trip for our family. I realize its expensive but really what at WDW isn't?

Unless its changed since last October the character interaction has always been good for us and the kids. And the loudness and chaos just adds to the fun. The napkin twirl is our favorite part of the meal. :)

Sorry you and your family didn't like it, different strokes for different folks though.

We always eat at Chef Mickey's for breakfast. It is about the same price as other character breakfasts and we think the food is good. It is less expensive than dinner and you get the same character interaction.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter