Chef Mickeys breakfast, and leave the car there?

vavalynn2

<font color=teal>Live in the Golden Snowball regio
I was thinking about trying to get into Chef Mickeys on my upcoming trip. I would want to eat there in the am of the day we spend at the MK. Can I leave my car at the Contemporary and take the monorail in for the day?

Or do you have a better idea for a character breakfast?

Any info greatly appreciated!!

Thanks.

Unless you want to pay $6 plus a tip to leave your car in the valet lot there, you'll be given a 3 hour parking permit to leave in your window. They can and do tow cars which have overstayed their welcome in the CR lot, as all day parking for non-CR guests is not allowed. So after breakfast you'd have to move your car to the TTC lot and then go to the MK.

Another option is to park at the TTC lot before breakfast, and then take the resort monorail around to the CR. AFter breakfast it's a short and convenient walk to the MK :)

As far as other CB's, I like pretty much all of them better than CM's, most notably the Cape May Cafe at the BC, Donalds at the AK, and 1900 PF at the GF.

Enjoy which ever one you decide :)

Anne

Or, you might try Crystal Palace Character Breakfast in the MK for Breakfast. We love that one.

ducklite,

What made CM your least favorite? We have done several Character meals including CP, Donald's, H&V. but never CM. My DS who is quickly out growing these meals, wants to do CM this trip. He saw it on WDW foods unwraped and thought is looked really cool. We loved Donald's and had planned to do this one again this trip. As we are also doing LTT for the MVMCP, I really don't want to add another and told him we would have to drop Donald's for this. He said fine. Is lunch or dinner any better than breakfast here?

Thanks for the input.

Jordan's mom

ducklite,

i think we will park at the TTC lot and then take the monorail over. i will call today to see if we can still get in one morning the last week of August.

Thanks for all of the help!!

If you are offsite you still have to apy to park at the TTC. I think teh $6 plus tip to valet is worth not having the aggravation of going back and forth.

Originally posted by Jordan's MOM
ducklite,

What made CM your least favorite? We have done several Character meals including CP, Donald's, H&V. but never CM. My DS who is quickly out growing these meals, wants to do CM this trip. He saw it on WDW foods unwraped and thought is looked really cool. We loved Donald's and had planned to do this one again this trip. As we are also doing LTT for the MVMCP, I really don't want to add another and told him we would have to drop Donald's for this. He said fine. Is lunch or dinner any better than breakfast here?

Thanks for the input.

Jordan's mom

First off let me say that the food at breakfast is OK. it's not the best CB food, but not bad.

What I don't like is the atmosphere. The napkin twirling, running kids, just general frenzy, especially that early in the day. It also always seems unorganized.

I don't like CM's in the evening primarily because I think the dinner buffet food is just inedible. The only thing I'll eat there is the cornbread and baby carrots, but that does not a dinenr make :( I also think thst the amount of time you often have to wait to be seated, even with a PS is ridiculous.

Anne

ITA with Anne re: Chef Mickey's. As a CB, my DW enjoys it and thinks the food is great. My opinion -- it's too frentic and the food is inedible. Unless you manage to get one of the first PS of the morning, you're in for a wait -- even with a PS. One good thing: the character interaction there is terrific.

My preference for a CB on the monorail line: 1900 Park Fare. Much more relaxed; food is much, much better; character interaction is very good. It is a much less frantic atmosphere and the wait is less.

My other favorite is Cape May Buffet at BC. This is a wonderful buffet with loads of fresh fruit.

I know CM's is really popular -- it's just not my cup of tea.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter