Chef Mickeys 1st morning?

Tash87

DIS Veteran
Our next trip to Disney is a surprise to the 2 children. I'm tempted to book Chef Mickeys character breakfast for the first morning as an extra surprise.

We arrive into Orlando at roughly 5:30pm and with the time difference the following morning we are always wide awake at 4am :scared: Usually we are at MK for rope drop.

Do I book it or do you think it might all be too much, too soon for the little ones?

We always book a character breakfast on the first morning due to the time different and CM is ideal as it opens at 7am so you can still make rope drop :goodvibes

For me I'd always do rope drop at a park that first morning preceded by exploring our resort and getting our bearings first due to being awake super early. But I go for the parks and resorts first, the food is of tertiary importance to me. Even a great character meal wouldn't excite me like going into a park that first day! I'm sure it would be really nice and exciting for little ones though with the characters :) We always have a character lunch that first day as we tend to find with the early start and rope drop by 2 - 3ish we are all dropping and craving the pool.

We've done Chef Mickeys on our first morning and it was a great start to the trip.

I think I might go for it as we are usually up and ready for breakfast asap, until we get to Walmart then the other mornings we will have brekkie before we go out.

We've done it twice on the first morning at 7am. Great start to the hols in my opinion. Gets over the 'I haven't seen Mickey yet'. Food is fresh and not too noisy or busy at that time. After we have eaten we do a lap on the monorail then MK for opening.

We've done it twice on the first morning at 7am. Great start to the hols in my opinion. Gets over the 'I haven't seen Mickey yet'. Food is fresh and not too noisy or busy at that time. After we have eaten we do a lap on the monorail then MK for opening.

Sounds fab. This seals the deal for me.

I would recommend going to Crystal Palace for an early breakfast instead.

If you get an early enough booking you can be in before the rope drop and experience our favourite time, Main Street to ourselves!!

Lastly, the breakfast lasagna is to die for! Lol

My daughter isn't really into Winnie the Pooh etc.

We do plan on going into the castle for Cinderellas Royal table ( if that's what it's called? )breakfast one morning. So I assume if we planned it right we would have Main Street to ourselves then. Which would be fab :hyper:

We always do this first morning, get the breakfast for 7/7.15 to give yourselves as much time for rope drop as possible. Where are you staying?

Ok, thank you. I will book for 7am as We are usually waiting outside for places to open on our first morning.

We are staying at GF so not far to travel :)

Our next trip to Disney is a surprise to the 2 children. I'm tempted to book Chef Mickeys character breakfast for the first morning as an extra surprise.

We arrive into Orlando at roughly 5:30pm and with the time difference the following morning we are always wide awake at 4am :scared: Usually we are at MK for rope drop.

Do I book it or do you think it might all be too much, too soon for the little ones?

We did this this week. We landed Tuesday and did Chef Mickeys Wednesday morning. First time we have done it as usually go straight to MK for rope drop. Definitely recommended it was a lot more relaxed and we then spent the day sorting hire car and exploring our hotel and making use of the pool which is completely different to the normal day spent trying to see all the different characters

We have Chef Mickeys booked first morning at 07:05. Same as you, we'll be up early, early so it's that or a trip to the supermarket. In a straight fight, Chef Mickeys won :)

That's ok then, it is possible to do. I thought I might be the only one and maybe suggesting something obscured for our first morning :crazy2:

I don't even have kids and i'm contemplating CM on the 1st day of my trip with my Boyfriend. He's never done Disney world so i thought this may make a good introduction and get him fed and set for the day lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter