• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Chef Mickey or Tusker House

SumWhrOvrThRanBo

Mouseketeer
Family of seven- mom & dad and five kids ranging in age from 17yrs-16mos-- first time Disney Vacation. We have decided against the dining plan, however I do plan to take everyone to a few table service meals- including one character breakfast-- would you suggest Cafe Mickey or Tusker House?

Thanks!

We have been to both and prefer TH. Both are buffetts but I like the food better at TH; they have some different selections than your basic breakfast fare. The juice at TH is awesome.:thumbsup2 I would go there just for that. They have a parade there for the kids where everyone walks around in a conga line behind the characters.

CM's food is so so and we'd definetly do other character meals before going back. They have a napkin waving song that gets everyone going and is lots of fun. It just seemed busier and louder to me at CM.

We have been to both and prefer TH. Both are buffetts but I like the food better at TH; they have some different selections than your basic breakfast fare. The juice at TH is awesome.:thumbsup2 I would go there just for that. They have a parade there for the kids where everyone walks around in a conga line behind the characters.

CM's food is so so and we'd definetly do other character meals before going back. They have a napkin waving song that gets everyone going and is lots of fun. It just seemed busier and louder to me at CM.

I agree with this. :thumbsup2

TH is far better than CM in my opinion. Food quality and selection is far far better. Both have similar characters. I'd go with Tusker. Its one of my faves!

Personally, I'd go for Chef Mickey. We haven't eaten breakfast at TH but we've been for lunch and dinner and it was...OK. I wouldn't say there is anything there to rave about.

We have done both. Food is much better at TH and the characters are a little better at CM. Both are fun. I would choose which ever one best fits into your plans. An 8:00 at TH is really nice to get you into the park early. CM is nice for a late breakfast on an off day or a really early breakfast on a MK day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter