Chef Mickey, breakfast or dinner?

Hi,

I didn't go there expecting gourmet food - I went there expecting EDIBLE food. What we got was NOT edible. :sad2: Everything was dry and chewy or congealed and chewy or so spicy it was intolerable or just totally unappetizing (one of the dishes was so fatty I took one bite and left it) - frankly I didn't even recognize a couple of the dishes. DH tried the salad bar and DS(13) tried the fruits and said they were only okay - not as fresh as they could be and not that great a selection. The soups were also congealed; broths were thick and chunky. For the kids food only the pizza was remotely edible - the chicken nuggets were - again - chewy and the mac and cheese was crunchy (let's here it for cooking the pasta long enough:confused3). We left there and were still hungry because we were only able to eat a few bites. And as I stated our Waiter stank! But... maybe we had a bad night I don't know. I have only been the once and can only report on my experience.

I booked this meal so the kids could meet Mickey and Pluto and the kids did have a good time with the characters (but had a better time at Cape May). I'm just saying that I wouldn't eat dinner there again. I'd either try breakfast or skip it altogether.

We were on the DDP, ate at several other TS restaurants that were definitely not classed in the 2TS level and had really good meals; we ate Tutto, WCC and Tony's (our favorite of the week). We did eat one other buffet - Cape May for breakfast - and loved that.

Well you really had a bad experience and I feel bad that you did. You pay good money you want good food. Makes sense. We always had EDIBLE Average Food. I have 5 boys and even now they are big they still love this place. Now the only other thing I could think of I always make my dinning ress for buffet as soon as it opens. I don't like the food picked over and don't trust it. Now not sure if that's the difference. But in all fairness we never had a problem. Also I believe everybody and every place does have off days. As far as your server. I would have said something to the mgr and also showed him by the lack of tip.
Also the other resturants you have listed I hear ppl complaing about them to. I have found them all good to. And Cape May is very good to.
Idk. I dont' want to debate this . Just my opinion we are all entitled to.
It really comes down to who likes vanilla who like choclate who likes strawberry.

shases u will have a great time and the food is good . been there over dozens of times . chef. mic is home to wdw. :worship:

Well you really had a bad experience and I feel bad that you did. You pay good money you want good food. Makes sense. We always had EDIBLE Average Food. I have 5 boys and even now they are big they still love this place. Now the only other thing I could think of I always make my dinning ress for buffet as soon as it opens. I don't like the food picked over and don't trust it. Now not sure if that's the difference. But in all fairness we never had a problem. Also I believe everybody and every place does have off days. As far as your server. I would have said something to the mgr and also showed him by the lack of tip.
Also the other resturants you have listed I hear ppl complaing about them to. I have found them all good to. And Cape May is very good to.
Idk. I dont' want to debate this . Just my opinion we are all entitled to.
It really comes down to who likes vanilla who like choclate who likes strawberry.

We didn't say anything to the manager, but we did show him how we felt by a substanstially reduced tip - I think I left $5 on a $145 bill.

I agree on the off day thing. We didn't eat there first thing - our ADR was for 6:35. The wait time there was good though, we got there and after waiting in line for a couple of minutes we were checked in by 6:38 and at our table by 6:45 so I can't complain about that. And we definitely didn't pick this restaurant for the food - it was solely for the characters. If it hadn't been for going to see Mickey we would have been eating at the Captain's Grille or 50's PTC that night.

I also agree on the differing opinion on different restaurants - what is acceptable for some is not acceptable for others. We took a chance after reading very mixed reviews on a couple of the restaurants - including CM. We were pleasantly surprised by most. What I found so unacceptable about CM was that everything was bad - not just the meat. This is the only restaurant that the whole family would not recommend; even the 6 yo said he wouldn't go back :rolleyes1.

It's funny how much the opinions of Chef Mickey's vary for dinner...seems people either love it or hate it. I've eaten dinner there at least 10 times and have enjoyed it everytime, both the food and the atmosphere. The buffet is relatively standard buffet fare, but yummy!

No, they're doing the regular DDP, so we'll be choosing more TS. CM is just the one I really want them to go to. My dad is all about meeting Mickey, and I know how much we loved the characters at breakfast in January.

We're planning, 50's PTC, Sci-Fi, Boma. So far that's it, I'll take any other suggestions. DH and I tried Le Cellier, Tutto and Chefs last time so we'd like to try new things. We'll be doing WPC in July.

Mickey is at several breakfast buffet character meals.
Like Ohanas at the Poly, Cape May at Beach Club.
We really enjoy Ohanas and have eaten there several times.
Also if your Dad likes Donald a fun Breakfast is at Tusker House--
Donalds Safari Breakfast--we usually do this one on AK day.
But CM is the only one I can think of that has Mickey at Dinner.

We had breakfast at Cape May last month and Mickey wasn't at breakfast. Just Goofy, Donald and Minnie. I think he's at Tusker House and O'Hana though.

Mickey is not at Cape May Cafe--just Minnie, Goofy & Donald (it used to be Chip & Dale and NOT Donald, but this changed after we were there in September).

Has anyone tried CM for a late breakfast/early lunch sort of meal? It looked to me like their breakfast times go until 11:30 a.m. I wanted to try to go at 11:00 a.m. and count it as lunch. That way, I would get the yummy breakfast food, but get to eat it at lunch time when my kids are actually hungry. My kids are very light breakfast eaters, so a big meal at breakfast is a complete waste. Anyone tried this??

We didn't say anything to the manager, but we did show him how we felt by a substanstially reduced tip - I think I left $5 on a $145 bill.

I agree on the off day thing. We didn't eat there first thing - our ADR was for 6:35. The wait time there was good though, we got there and after waiting in line for a couple of minutes we were checked in by 6:38 and at our table by 6:45 so I can't complain about that. And we definitely didn't pick this restaurant for the food - it was solely for the characters. If it hadn't been for going to see Mickey we would have been eating at the Captain's Grille or 50's PTC that night.

I also agree on the differing opinion on different restaurants - what is acceptable for some is not acceptable for others. We took a chance after reading very mixed reviews on a couple of the restaurants - including CM. We were pleasantly surprised by most. What I found so unacceptable about CM was that everything was bad - not just the meat. This is the only restaurant that the whole family would not recommend; even the 6 yo said he wouldn't go back :rolleyes1.

Captains Grill is so very good. And 50's is another fav of mine.

We've done both B-fast & Dinner. We loved B-fast and absolutely hated dinner.

At dinner the food was mediocre at best and at about $30 per person, I was extremely unhappy. Not like I expected a dinner I could've eaten at Ruth's Chris Steakhouse but IMO it was worse than even the grossest cafeteria food. Nothing really tasted good. Kind of bland. Not as many options as I would've liked either. I was also really disappointed in the character interaction that evening too. They barely came around and at B-fast we've had them come by anywhere form 2 to 4 times.

I'll do B-fast again, but never ever dinner.

Has anyone tried CM for a late breakfast/early lunch sort of meal? It looked to me like their breakfast times go until 11:30 a.m. I wanted to try to go at 11:00 a.m. and count it as lunch. That way, I would get the yummy breakfast food, but get to eat it at lunch time when my kids are actually hungry. My kids are very light breakfast eaters, so a big meal at breakfast is a complete waste. Anyone tried this??

This is what we are planning on doing for our trip in Sept. I hope it is a good idea. :confused3 Can anyone confirm when the last breakfast seating is for sure??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter