Chef Art Smiths Homecoming

bocaj1431

DIS Veteran
I have been trying every day to book a reservation at Chef Art Smiths Homecoming. Finally last night There was an opening. I booked the reservation for 2 People. I just found out a 3rd wants to dine with us. There are no other open reservations to book. Can I call the restaurant And ask if a 3rd can dine with us or is that not allowed?

Often, 2 will get a table for 4, so it's probably not an issue to show up with the 3rd person.

That's what we were told upon arriving at GF Cafe with a friend we'd hung out with in MK until lunchtime and invited her to join us for lunch.

At a busy time, you may have to wait somewhat longer than if only the 2 of you appeared.

I doubt it will be an issue, I don't recall any 2 tops at Homecomin. It's always been just my wife and I and we have always had a 4 top over the years.

We found on our last trip that with many of our reservations when we checked in as a party of 2, it actually asked us if we wanted to add an extra person for that reservation. We had not noticed that before, but it came up several times when we checked in approximately 20 minutes before our reservation time (to clarify, check-in was via the MDE app). I don't know that all restaurants offer that, or that your could depend on it, but it's something to consider. I also agree with previous posters - moving from 2 to 3 is not likely to be a big issue at HC.

We had a similar issue with an ADR for 4 but another guest joining. The night before our reservation, I got a text from Homecomin' asking me to confirm my reservation, and via that link I was able to change us to a party of 5. I've also called Homecomin' to add a person to our party in the past.

I have been trying every day to book a reservation at Chef Art Smiths Homecoming. Finally last night There was an opening. I booked the reservation for 2 People. I just found out a 3rd wants to dine with us. There are no other open reservations to book. Can I call the restaurant And ask if a 3rd can dine with us or is that not allowed?
Yes, you certainly can call the restaurant to add a 3rd person to the reservation. You won't have to worry about whether or not the 3rd will be seated, and it will be a courtesy to the restaurant as well.

Thanks everyone for the information! My son would be so disappointed if we had to cancel. He loves their fried chicken.

Thanks everyone for the information! My son would be so disappointed if we had to cancel. He loves their fried chicken.
They deliberately hold back more tables than they release to be pre-booked. So I'm sure it won't be a problem. They're SUPER friendly there.

Definitely check with the restaurant, Art's does have tables for just 2. We were sat at one on Thanksgiving

Last edited:
Defiantly check with the restaurant,
"Madam, I insist that you accommodate my additional guest or I'll have no choice but to cancel my plans, write a scathing review in the Gazette, and I'll be reporting this establishment to the board!"

Or you could just ask nicely :earboy2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter