• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheesy Potato Soup-delicious!!

keri-k

Mouseketeer
A lady at our church makes this for our soup dinners and it is soooo good! Try it once and it will become one of your family's favorite soups.

Cheesy Potato Soup

Cube and cook 8-10 potatoes (usually equals about 5 pounds)

In a pan, melt a 2-pound block of Velveeta Cheese.
Add: 2 cans cream of celery soup
2 cans of cream of mushroom soup
16 oz. sour cream
You can add water to make it the consistency that you want it to be
Then add potatoes. Salt and pepper to taste.
This makes enough to fill a large crockpot, if you are taking it somewhere.

ENJOY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
::MickeyMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo ::MinnieMo

this may be a silly question, but...

if i want to make just half of that portion, would you just only use half of the receipe? 5 potatoes, 1 can cream of celery, 1 can cream of mushroom, 1# velveeta cheese, etc?

your receipe sounds like it feeds LOTS of people. i think it'll be too much for myself, DH, and DSs 4 & 6...

anyways...i love cheesy things! (oh, that didn't sound right, as i'm re-reading my post...hmmm) and it sounds really yummy!! can't wait to try it out! thank you for sharing!! :flower:

I think she freezes it sometimes, too. I was thinking of doing that and then I can just pop it in the crockpot for an easy meal someday.

Could you substitute something else for the Cream of Celery or just leave it out? Not really a celery fan, if you can't tell!

I'm not a velveeta fan - I wondered if I could leave the velveeta out and then just put shredded cheddar on top when served??? I wonder how the consistency would be.

Sounds very bad for you. (which means it must taste excellent!)

keri-k said:
I think she freezes it sometimes, too. I was thinking of doing that and then I can just pop it in the crockpot for an easy meal someday.

Just to let you know freezing potatoes will change the taste. Normally, I don't freeze things with a cream type sauce or potatoes. I'll add the potatoes later.

I made the soup today, it is delicious! I added a cream of mushroom with garlic for a little more flavor. Thanks for a great easy idea!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter