Cheesy movies from the 80s.....

Lloyd-Dobler.jpg

When I thought about 80's movies, I couldn't think of any that I thought of as cheesy but there are more than I can even remember that I loved watching!
Love, love, love "Adventures in Babysitting"!!!

Also loved the cheesy "Night of the Comet" from 1984

MJ
The night of the comet is so funny. About a year ago DH found it on Netflix and got DS, Sam (our foreign ex student), and me to sit down and watch with him. He was going on and on about how great it was. and how he loved it when he was a teen. Then the movie starts playing and we're all looking at him and saying you thought this was a great movie?? We all watched it to the end - cracking up the entire time!

Spring Break
Valley Girls
Where The Boys Are '84
Up In Smoke
Oh man I love valley girl, it's so kitchin with a capital B. It was on TV a couple of weeks ago and DS and DH wouldn't watch with me - they don't know good movies!
Not sure it was cheesy, but Breakfast Club was amazing.
OK this movie is my ALL TIME FAVORITE MOVIE. Seriously I watched it probably 40 times as a teen. This year DS was going around telling us that he got me the "perfect" Christmas gift this year, and low and behold it was the Breakfast Club movie. And was so pleased with himself when I was overjoyed and told him repeatedly he got the perfect one. DH was sitting there saying that he got a perfect one too, and he did - another breakfast club movie!! 2 for me, now I can watch it in stereo!

I love cheesy movies from the 80's.

Just watched The Three Amigos a couple of weeks ago. The kids loved it. I love Steve Martin and the kids have an uncle that looks exactly like Chevy Chase. They love seeing Uncle Paul on TV and in movies.

I own Adventures in Babysitting

Now we are watching cheesy TV shows from the 80's. Just picked up the first season of The Greatest American Hero. :happytv: Best 80's hair ever on a man.
"believe it or not I'm walking on air..." Oh how I loved the intro song; don't really remember a whole lot about the program, but that song gets stuck in my head a lot, like right now...:rolleyes1

Its underrated a lot of great lines.

It's her Thyroid Johnny we can't find it

My favorite is when they are doing the pass it on in the prison

"Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight."

And of course anything coming from Roman Maroni :rotfl:

Modern Problems
Weird Science

Loved the Pirate Movie and Johnny Dangerously.

So many good "cheesy 80's flicks" have been mentioned. Bringing back a ton of memories :thumbsup2

Does anyone remember the movie VIBES with Cyndi Lauper? I swear I am the only person who ever saw that movie. Not only did I see it, but loved it lol!

How about Coming to America?

I remember Vibes! I loved it too. I remember watching it a bunch of times.

How about Loverboy? That was 80s, I think.

My favorite is when they are doing the pass it on in the prison

"Johnny and the Mothers are playing "Stompin' at the Savoy" in Vermont tonight."

And of course anything coming from Roman Maroni :rotfl:

Iwant this fargin wall knocked down and...

I love:

Lil: Thats why I came to Chicago
Johnny: Lil we're in New York
Lil: Oh! Chicago New York to a girl on her own its all the same

Sidekick: This is a handicap spot
Vermon:I am handicapped. I'm psychotic

God I got to find it and DVR it

I also love
Let It Ride

OMG, Johnny Dangerously! I still cuss like Maroni now and again :)

One of my favorites as well. That and Valley Girl

Two I haven't seen mentioned

Johny Dnagerously
Romancing the Stone

"You shouldn't grab me, Johnny. My mother grabbed me once....ONCE!"

That's a classic movie. Can watch that anytime.

Transylvania 6-5000

MV5BMTk4NTgxNjE2NV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwMTgzNjEyMQ@@._V1_SY317_CR2,0,214,317_.jpg

I can't believe I forgot it in my first post- it's one of my favorites!

As a kid of the 80's, loved many of these movies and they sure didn't seem cheesey way back then. You can add to the list.

Maximum Overdrive
The Incredible Shrinking Woman
9 to 5
The Best Little *****house in Texas

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter