Cheesecake filling (in the tub)

maslex

DIS Veteran
For Christmas Day we're having just a bunch of apps/snacks and desserts. One of the things I saw recently was making little "cheesecakes" (and yes, I use the term lightly) using puff pastries, the cheesecake filling in the tub and a couple cut up strawberries on top. I thought this would be cute for our dessert tray. Has anyone ever used it and is there any way to elevate the taste of it? (and yes, I know it's easy to make a cheesecake filling from scratch, I usually do but I want quick this year)

My recipe for on top of strawberries is only 3 ingredients and can last a little while in a container last I remember, just as fast as elevating the taste of a mix.

1 package cream cheese, 1/2 cup confectioners suger & 1/2 teaspoon vanilla. blend with mixer until whipped.

I guess if you really want to use the tub then dipping some in graham crackers would look pretty like in this recipe

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/236459/cheesecake-stuffed-strawberries/

For Christmas Day we're having just a bunch of apps/snacks and desserts. One of the things I saw recently was making little "cheesecakes" (and yes, I use the term lightly) using puff pastries, the cheesecake filling in the tub and a couple cut up strawberries on top. I thought this would be cute for our dessert tray. Has anyone ever used it and is there any way to elevate the taste of it? (and yes, I know it's easy to make a cheesecake filling from scratch, I usually do but I want quick this year)
I have used the filling in the tub as filling for graham cracker tart shells with fruit topping. It tastes good, like a whipped cheesecake. It’s not like a solid, NY style cheesecake. I would use it more often, but our grocery is out of it a lot of the time.

I would consider making a fancy topping. Consider canned dark sweet cherries (NOT pie filling!), and heat them with a little cornstarch for thickener, and add a touch of kirsch or cherry brandy. The elevated cherries would cleverly disguise the store-bought filling.

Or, make the filling from scratch, and then secretly eat the entire tub of store-bought cheesecake filling. Not that I would do that, of course.

I would consider making a fancy topping. Consider canned dark sweet cherries (NOT pie filling!), and heat them with a little cornstarch for thickener, and add a touch of kirsch or cherry brandy. The elevated cherries would cleverly disguise the store-bought filling.

Or, make the filling from scratch, and then secretly eat the entire tub of store-bought cheesecake filling. Not that I would do that, of course.
Amerena cherries would be perfect for this. They are not cheap but amazing. You can get larger cans from Amazon and Costco recently had a large jar of them too but it may have sold out by now as it wasn’t a regular stock item.

Amerena cherries would be perfect for this. They are not cheap but amazing. You can get larger cans from Amazon and Costco recently had a large jar of them too but it may have sold out by now as it wasn’t a regular stock item.

Agreed. Those cherries are used for the gelato dessert at Via Napoli in EPCOT and they're AMAZING!!

If you want to modify it, I would suggest just making it from scratch. It's 3-5 ingredients and can be made easily with a handmixer.

If you really want the least amount of work, any fruit topping will go well with the prepacked filling.

Out of curiosity, I looked for it at Giant market today and didn’t see it. Should it be near cream cheese or Kozy Shack pudding or nearby?

The young whippersnapper looked at me like i had two heads when I asked about it.

Out of curiosity, I looked for it at Giant market today and didn’t see it. Should it be near cream cheese or Kozy Shack pudding or nearby?

The young whippersnapper looked at me like i had two heads when I asked about it.
Yeah, that general area--it's by Kraft or Philadelphia, one of those cream cheese makers. It should be right near by.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter