Cheese Soup At LeCell

VakayplannerPA

Earning My Ears
Can you have the cheese soup and pretzel bread at LeCellier as a cash take-out order? Dumb question, but I've never tried that... always a TS on the dining plan (not since it went up to 2!). If not, I got the back-up plan of WL's cheese soup with the bacon and popcorn (yummy)! Vakay

No i dont believe you can order take out. Youre honestly not missing anything. The soup is so over hyped. I honestly didnt care for it. Dont go out of your way.

Posted from DISboards.com App for Android

TinkerwithDis said:
No i dont believe you can order take out. Youre honestly not missing anything. The soup is so over hyped. I honestly didnt care for it. Dont go out of your way.

Totally agree. I didnt like it either. definitely overhyped. to answer your question no I dont think they offer takeout.

Can you have the cheese soup and pretzel bread at LeCellier as a cash take-out order? Dumb question, but I've never tried that... always a TS on the dining plan (not since it went up to 2!). If not, I got the back-up plan of WL's cheese soup with the bacon and popcorn (yummy)! Vakay

Actually before the restaurant became so crazy popular you used to be able to order the soup and pretzel bread to go. But not any more. Boo. You can get the cheese soup at food and wine though. I have to disagree with the previous posters. I love the cheese soup! One of my favorite treats on property.

Most of the time, no. You can ask, but they may or may not (most likely not) accommodate. Lunch is still one credit; only dinner is two. There's some speculation that lunch will be two next year but I would like to see further confirmation.

I was able to get take-out at LC in February 2011. I went at exactly 11:00 and was told to come back at 1:00 and they may be able to accomodate me. I decided to grab a snack and try at 1:00, and glad I did because I was able to get a bowl of soup and pretzel sticks to go. I know a lot has changed with this restaurant though, so I don't know if you would have success now or not. It doesn't hurt to try though. Good luck!

I have the recipe for it & made it a few weeks ago. It was very good & easy to make just time consuming. Here is a link to the recipe with pictures :

http://yohoyohobloggerslifeforme.blogspot.com/2012/06/le-cellier-beer-cheese-soup-recipe.html

I have the recipe for it & made it a few weeks ago. It was very

I happen to be a lover of the soup and I've gotten it as a take out 3 out of the 4 times I've asked over the last 5 years (Last time Feb of 2011). Haven't tried since! All you can do is ask, what's the worse they can say "no". I think it depends on how busy they are or who you ask!

I've also made it at home, my son loves it too!

If your there during food and wine you can get it at the Canada kiosk.

Actually before the restaurant became so crazy popular you used to be able to order the soup and pretzel bread to go. But not any more. Boo. You can get the cheese soup at food and wine though. I have to disagree with the previous posters. I love the cheese soup! One of my favorite treats on property.

I am with you. I think the soup is amazing! The only issue with Food and wine is that it is a dixie cup size sample for around $5.

Totally agree. I didnt like it either. definitely overhyped. to answer your question no I dont think they offer takeout.

Agreed. I found it too salty and heavy. I tried making it at home once and tweaking the recipe to my taste, but it was still a bit much. I think that the beer cheese soup at Big River Grille is better.

I love their soup, I agree with the OP the size and cost at the F&W is a ripoff. Reminds me of a sample at Costco :rotfl: I make it at home every so often and buy pretzel bread at the grocery store.

I don't care for the soup myself, but if you want it you can make an adr there and just have the soup for lunch. A couple next to us did that on our trip last year. I think they may have shared a dessert as well.

To be honest, the potato leek soup at biergarten was light years better than LC soup. Soooooo yummy. :-)

OMG I've GOT To try to make this soup.... LOVE IT !
100_6180.jpg

Thanks everybody for answering !! I've eaten at LeCellier several times, just everytime it has been on the Dining Plan (not since the 2 TS though!). I'm the "Tour Guide" for my nephew and his family for end of January 2013 (they have never been there!). While in Epcot, I'm planning on just basically sampling everything I think they would like (and I love, too!). I always have enjoyed the cheese soup and pretzel bread (and the filet and the chocolate mousse), so I'll give it a shot with take-out. Otherwise, I'll just have to be happy with school bread, fresh carmel corn, a chocolate eclair and croissant sandwich, fish 'n chips, bratwurst, funnel cake, etc.... ha, ha, ha.....Vakay

I heard about this 'popcorn' soup thing. I MIGHT move some reservations around just so I can try it.

As for the soup in Le Cellier, I am a big fan as of last time I had it, 5+ years ago. I saw the recipe someone post and almost passed on it till I saw a picture of the soup bowl :stir: ok FINE Ill go make it for lunch tomorrow :rotfl:

- MaterializedHaunt :hmghost:

I could not agree with the two of you more. The only thing I truly liked about LC was the pretzel bread... Oh, there is one more thing I liked about LC, the door as I walked out. :rotfl2:

Ironically, they sell the exact same thing at a restaurant: pretzel bread with a beer based cheese sauce...

It was this exotic restaurant called "TGI Fridays"

I'm not even kidding...and the pretzels are much better

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter