• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheese Grits

billylen

Mouseketeer
This may seem like a weird questions but here goes... I have had grits most of my life but I never had cheese grits until I visited Florida. I loved 'em! Can anyone suggest places in DW where I might find a decent batch? Thanks for not making fun of the question :)

I'm not 100% sure but i seem to think they have them at Cape May cafe at Beach Club.

The Wave at the Contemporary had wonderful cheese grits on their breakfast buffet.

Thanls for the quicl replies. If any other places come to mind please share. Will be staying at Saratoga Springs. in September :)

I'm pretty sure they have cheese grits at Olivia's at OKW. If I'm wrong, you may want to try them anyway because they're so good. I make cheese grits with plain old cheddar but add hot sauce and a little heavy cream.

Have fun.

:)

This may seem like a weird questions but here goes... I have had grits most of my life but I never had cheese grits until I visited Florida. I loved 'em! Can anyone suggest places in DW where I might find a decent batch? Thanks for not making fun of the question :)

So not a funny question because I love cheese grits! Now, you have this pregnant woman craving them! LOL. I'm driving my family crazy because I can't wait to go to Alabama to go to my favorite restaurant, and it's my favorite because they have cheese grits!!

Now, I'll be looking for places at WDW with cheese grits. Mmm... Yummy! :banana:

I have had delicious cheese grits at Narcoossee's.

A few years ago I ordered Halibut that came with cheese grits. I don't like grits so I asked to sub mashed potato. When they brought my meal as soon as she put it down she realized they didn't do the substitution.

She immediately brought me a side of mashed, but, I decided to give the grits a little taste anyway. They were awesome.

Ever since then whenever I go to Narcoossees I ask for them.

The Wave at the Contemporary had wonderful cheese grits on their breakfast buffet.

I second this one...they were cheesy bacon grits and they were absolutely delicious!
I never met a grit I liked until I sampled these :)

I believe Hollywood and Vine in HS has them on their breakfast buffet as well (or at least when we were last there on 1/11)

I also remember seeing Shrimp and Grits appetizer on the Yachtman dinner menu

Also I recall seeing Shrimp and Grits on the House of Blues menu and DH and I are going to give them a shot during our upcoming 9/12 visit

^^^THIS!!! Growing up in the South, I've eaten cheese grits my whole life, and love them. The Wave's "Bacon and Cheese Grits with Tillamook Cheddar" are hands-down the best cheese grits that I have EVER had. I'd honestly go back there just for another bowl of their amazing cheese grits. DH also loved their delicious smoked salmon, sweet potato pancakes, and multi-grain Mickey waffles. You can order off of their breakfast menu or get the buffet (which, in our opinion, is very reasonably priced for a Disney breakfast buffet). Have a great trip!!

mmmm cheese grits.

OT - Red Bar in Grayton Beach, FL - most delicious baked cheese grit cake served with blacked grouper mmmmmmmm.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter