Cheers to Character Cavalcades, Cocktails and Celebrations! 2/1 3 HUGE ANNOUNCEMENTS!!!

Chef Mickey's is always LOUD. We can take it or leave it. If you have little ones with you it's good. Thanks for checking it out.

Our server was good. She paced the meal nicely and Joe and I both appreciated that she took the time to ask us when we would like certain items.

My advice, skip Chef Mickey's as I'm sure a lot of DIS veterans will agree. There are so many better places to have breakfast on property with and without characters.
Too bad breakfast was not the best.........I haven't been there in 10 years! The last time I was there was for Stuart and Jamie's 8th birthday breakfast and they hid under the table during the "Celebrate" song, lol! Guess I am not missing much. :)

Chef Mickey's is always LOUD. We can take it or leave it. If you have little ones with you it's good. Thanks for checking it out.
I just can't get over how bad the food is and the noise level. LOL!

Too bad breakfast was not the best.........I haven't been there in 10 years! The last time I was there was for Stuart and Jamie's 8th birthday breakfast and they hid under the table during the "Celebrate" song, lol! Guess I am not missing much. :)
LOL Suse! You definitely aren't missing anything.

Jimmy really wanted to go back to Chef Mickey's when we were there in December. We hadn't been there since his 2nd birthday trip back in 2011! We had the dining plan, so we figured we'd give it a shot. We ended up waiting almost an hour for our reservation, so it was off to a crappy start right off the bat!!

I must admit when we FINALLY got seated and I was able to eat my caramel and hot fudge covered Mickey waffle with a blue glowing martini...my opinion softened a tiny bit :) THAT was delicious! and my boy was happy, so what more can you ask. I have to say though, I won't mind if we don't get back there for another 9 years! :)

20200102_113258 20200102_114031

We ended up waiting almost an hour for our reservation, so it was off to a crappy start right off the bat!!
I would have left. I would have been melting down like a 5-year-old. LOL!

with a blue glowing martini...my opinion softened a tiny bit :) THAT was delicious!
Anything with a glow cube makes things better! LOL!

What we do for our kids. That's an awesome pic of Jimmy! He's so freaking cute!!!🙂

I mean I do love pastry baskets but I don't think it's enough to get me to go there lol! I'll stick with my Chef Mickey memories of when the boys were little and we didn't know any better 🤣 Thanks for taking one for the team and trying it!

I would have left. I would have been melting down like a 5-year-old. LOL!
Oh, I was!! There was sulking and a little arm crossing and stomping off to sit somewhere else....and that was just me :) I actually went up to the podium twice to ask when we'd be seated. The second time I said we wanted to take our name off the list because we'd be leaving, and I had better not be charged the $10 fee per person. Funny how they seated us almost immediately after that :rolleyes1

I mean I do love pastry baskets but I don't think it's enough to get me to go there lol! I'll stick with my Chef Mickey memories of when the boys were little and we didn't know any better 🤣 Thanks for taking one for the team and trying it!
I can't believe Joe and I went back. Even with the convenience of staying at the CR, I should have known better. This place is ALWAYS consistently disappointing.

Oh, I was!! There was sulking and a little arm crossing and stomping off to sit somewhere else....and that was just me :) I actually went up to the podium twice to ask when we'd be seated. The second time I said we wanted to take our name off the list because we'd be leaving, and I had better not be charged the $10 fee per person. Funny how they seated us almost immediately after that :rolleyes1
Are you kidding me??? Stupid Chef Mickey's!!!!

I was really excited to spend time in Epcot when it was announced that Disney was going to go ahead with the Food and Wine Festival. This was going to be a modified festival and include some things from the Flower and Garden Festival, which had to shut down early due to COVID. This has always been my favorite festival, and I was looking forward to trying some new favorites that made their way to Epcot during the 2019 Food and Wine, like the goodies from the Alps booth and the Spain booth. I was also looking forward to things like the sugar cane shrimp from the Caribbean booth and Frushi from the Japan booth. Sadly, none of these things happened. 3 of these booths weren't open and the Japan booth decided not to include the Frushi this year. Sigh. However, we did make a stop at the Brazil booth and had the Brazillian cheese bread, which is the same bread you can order at Skipper Canteens and is simply delicious. We also tried a new drink in Brazil called a Caipirinha, which is like a very sweet pear margarita. Both of these were winners.

Overall, Joe and I were not impressed with Food and Wine. I understand why it was modified, why certain items were left off the menus etc. What I don't understand is why some booths only opened on the weekends. These are very popular booths, that always had long lines during regular times. I think it would have been a benefit to keep them open...

We saw our first character cavalcades at Epcot this trip. We somehow missed them all in July. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy, which was beyond adorable. I felt like I had such a personal experience with these characters which made it a lot more special than just a parade going by. We also saw the Frozen cavalcade. This was cute but a little less impressive. I think it's kind of weird that Elsa walks by herself and Anna sits in a carriage. Anybody else think this is a bit strange??? Side note, the horse pulling Anna also took a giant poop during this encounter which took away from the experience, lol! 😁 It was funny because it happened in the UK Pavillion where we learned during our DestiNations Tour back in January that people would throw the contents of their chamber pots into the streets.

We were able to ride LWTL, Figment, Nemo, and SE. New plastic barriers were put up in the LWTL boats, which I felt distorted the view and made things difficult to see at times. These rides were all walk-ons.

We were able to get our favorite Avocado margarita at La Cava in the Mexican Pavillion, and school Bread at a cart in the Norway Pavillion. Both of these are favorites and I'm so happy they are still available with the reopening.

Overall, Joe and I had a good day in Epcot. The crowds were higher than in July but nothing that was too crazy. Everyone wore their masks and it was easy to social distance.

Next up, dinner at California Grill. But, did they let me in????

023B2FC1-42F6-4531-B34B-4D59350A92CC.jpeg4BF946B9-9D5B-444D-B65C-C4A9BF715105.jpeg30600C1F-AD13-4028-8152-6E57EC1A852B.jpegB3217DB2-C715-4140-9D1A-F4A7AC767E44.jpeg89B3A3C6-6006-4452-93B8-378E5F93EFA3.jpegEB2F5EBC-3D97-4FEF-A469-E15B7C882EA7.jpegDAE4EE20-8AEF-4868-9554-D1B49956525D.jpeg7A567D52-2252-48FA-B9BC-A87184F25B33.jpegCF973D6A-92AF-4A89-9651-15CBF943452B.jpeg9C26986E-BF36-4BF0-BBBD-AD76CC512DCD.jpeg

This was cute but a little less impressive. I think it's kind of weird that Elsa walks by herself and Anna sits in a carriage. Anybody else think this is a bit strange??? Side note, the horse pulling Anna also took a giant poop during this encounter which took away from the experience, lol! 😁
It is totally bizarre that Elsa is walking, and like I told our friend Cruella, it's not like she couldn't fit in the wagon with her sister!!

It is absolutely hilarious that the horse pooped during the cavalcade! It would have been the highlight of Jimmy's trip had he been there :rotfl2:

4BF946B9-9D5B-444D-B65C-C4A9BF715105.jpeg
I love this set of topiaries so much!! I was really disappointed in July that this was the ONLY one we saw!

It is totally bizarre that Elsa is walking, and like I told our friend Cruella, it's not like she couldn't fit in the wagon with her sister!!
I know, right! It's a long walk too. I'd be pissed if I was Elsa, lol!

It is absolutely hilarious that the horse pooped during the cavalcade! It would have been the highlight of Jimmy's trip had he been there :rotfl2:
Hey, poops and farts are funny. I still say this all the time to my adult kids.

However, we did make a stop at the Brazil booth and had the Brazillian cheese bread, which is the same bread you can order at Skipper Canteens and is simply delicious.
Duh I should have realized that! I forgot about the "secret" bread when we were at Skippers in July so never ordered it but also never but 2 and 2 together that it was the same.
Overall, Joe and I were not impressed with Food and Wine
Neither were we unfortunately. I prefer F&G generally anyway and I'm glad we went to see what it was like this year but I missed a few things.
t is totally bizarre that Elsa is walking, and like I told our friend Cruella, it's not like she couldn't fit in the wagon with her sister!!
🤣 And especially when Elsa is getting on in years like we noticed when we saw her lol!

Overall, Joe and I were not impressed with Food and Wine. I understand why it was modified, why certain items were left off the menus etc. What I don't understand is why some booths only opened on the weekends. These are very popular booths, that always had long lines during regular times. I think it would have been a benefit to keep them open...
It's too bad that they are not opening all the booths. the whole experience sounds very scaled back.
We saw our first character cavalcades at Epcot this trip. We somehow missed them all in July. We saw Mickey, Minnie, Pluto, and Goofy, which was beyond adorable. I felt like I had such a personal experience with these characters which made it a lot more special than just a parade going by.
I love those cavalcades! I hope they keep them when the great unpleasantness is over.
We were able to get our favorite Avocado margarita at La Cava in the Mexican Pavillion, and school Bread at a cart in the Norway Pavillion. Both of these are favorites and I'm so happy they are still available with the reopening.
Two of my favourites! Yum! :goodvibes

Neither were we unfortunately. I prefer F&G generally anyway and I'm glad we went to see what it was like this year but I missed a few things.
It was just so scaled back, which I get, but it was still disappointing.

🤣 And especially when Elsa is getting on in years like we noticed when we saw her lol!
She did look old, didn't she, lol!?!?!

It's too bad that they are not opening all the booths. the whole experience sounds very scaled back.
The 2 booths I was most looking forward to were only open on the weekends, which was kind of sucky IMO.

Two of my favourites! Yum! :goodvibes
Mine too. 😁

I think there might be riots if they discontinued the school bread lol
I know, right! It's such a fantastic treat!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter