• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checking-in on Saturday - do I have this right?

LLOC33

Mouseketeer
I've done the online check-in. Am I correct to say that once we arrive we can drop-off our luggage and get right on the bus to the resorts without going to the front desk? I'll just get a text telling me my room number and when I'm ready I just go to that room? I never have to go to the front desk right? I have my magic bands already. Thanks

I've done the online check-in. Am I correct to say that once we arrive we can drop-off our luggage and get right on the bus to the resorts without going to the front desk? I'll just get a text telling me my room number and when I'm ready I just go to that room? I never have to go to the front desk right? I have my magic bands already. Thanks

You will be able to get right on the bus to a park without stopping by the Front Desk. But you may have to stop by before you go to your room. Not everyone gets to Bypass The Front Desk and have their room number texted to them when it's ready. Some guests still have to stop by the Front Desk.

I'm confused about your comment bus to the resorts - did you mean bus to a park?
Be aware that you might have to stop by the front desk to show them your credit card in order to charge on your magic band - that seems to be a bit hit and miss. Try the band for charging at a park or where ever and if it doesn't work swing by the desk to activate it @ some convenient time.

We stopped by the desk as we were a very early arrival. They said they'd text. By early eve, still no text. I called resort number on the bus back to resort. After answering some questions ( identity) was given room number and we went straight to room after exiting the bus!

Drop off bags with bell services and go to the parks. Is that what you mean?

Maybe you'll get a room text, maybe you won't. I never have. But it doesn't really matter, because if you don't, when you're done with the parks that might you can always stop by the front desk then.

Assuming you get there when your room is already ready, yes.

They can drop bags with bell services even if their room isn't ready.

We also did online check in and while on the magic express, I received a text saying our room was not quite ready. There was no line, so I went to the front desk just to check and she said I was all set. I left our bags with bell services and a couple hours later, received a text with the room number.

FWIW, the MDE app has a relatively new feature that will show your room number once it is available that day. If you don't get a text or e-mail for whatever reason, keep checking the app. I have a pretty good track record with getting texts but didn't my last trip, but it was on the app.

FWIW, the MDE app has a relatively new feature that will show your room number once it is available that day. If you don't get a text or e-mail for whatever reason, keep checking the app. I have a pretty good track record with getting texts but didn't my last trip, but it was on the app.
We never got the room number on the app for our trip last month. I keep checking it, too, to see if it would show up, but it never did. We had an early flight and arrived at the resort around 10:30am. We hadn't received our text so I went to the front desk. They gave us a room that was ready and never had to send a text. That may have been why we didn't get the room number on the app.

Thanks everyone - I did mean parks not resorts (late night posting....). Appreciate the quick feedback.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter