Checking in day for CP

DisneyHotDog

Mouseketeer
Does anybody know at what point you have to leave your son or daughter upon check in day? Will I have a chance to see her anytime after that? I will be flying down with my daughter who will be in the CP and I was planning on staying a few days while she gets adjusted to CP life. I was wondering actually how often I will truly see her (if at all) if I decide to stay a few days.

Does anybody know at what point you have to leave your son or daughter upon check in day? Will I have a chance to see her anytime after that? I will be flying down with my daughter who will be in the CP and I was planning on staying a few days while she gets adjusted to CP life. I was wondering actually how often I will truly see her (if at all) if I decide to stay a few days.

My family was there my first 3 days (more for vacation than me lol) but I saw quite a bit of them, it's your first days when you're NOT so busy. Because you haven't started your actual job yet, you just have meetings and traditions to go to few a couple of hours, then you're free to do whatever till your first days of work.

Thanks for the reply...How soon do you start working...on your 4th or 5th day?

For me it was day 4 I think, but some people start on day 3, so yeah around day 3-4ish I'd say you start work at your actual location.

I was wondering this as well and finally decided to arrive a couple days early and spend some WDW time with her beforehand. Once I settle her in, I'm going to head home. I wanted to leave her free to network some new buddies immediately. She won't need me, she's been living away for four years. :goodvibes

I'm as excited as she is!! :cool1:

My mom will also be staying in the area for a few days after I check in. Not sure if we'll actually be spending much time together since I want to be bonding with my new friends, but we figured we could always meet for dinner or something. I can't remember where I read it, but we saw that there will be some sort of family lounge set up on check in day.

on check in day, once you get inline to actually go into the pavillion parents will not be allowed. They will have a parents tent set up, where representatives will talk about the college program and answer any of your questions, and clear up a lot of things for you. Once your child is done checking in then you are allowed into the complexes with them to help set them up.

We sat in the Parents Area (82 degrees in Feb).

One of my child's roommate's parents moved their child in while we waited. They choose the best room/bed and craved out the best areas in the kitchen for their kid's stuff.

We sat in the Parents Area (82 degrees in Feb).

One of my child's roommate's parents moved their child in while we waited. They choose the best room/bed and craved out the best areas in the kitchen for their kid's stuff.

So learn from BadDad's mistake. Don't sit around do nothing. Go get your CPer the best location if you can.

My daughter was lucky because while I was the uneducated parent who did nothing, her roommate's mom secured that desireable location for them.:banana:

My mom flew down with me when I checked in too. You won't see them during the actual check in process but there is still plenty of time the rest of the day. We went out for breakfast/lunch and went shopping for things i needed. While I was attending the housing meeting thing she went out do look for more stuff. My mom flew home the day after I arrived. One day was enough for us :)

This is great information. My parents just asked about that yesterday and I had no answer, now I have tons! Thanks!

:banana:
So learn from BadDad's mistake. Don't sit around do nothing. Go get your CPer the best location if you can.

My daughter was lucky because while I was the uneducated parent who did nothing, her roommate's mom secured that desireable location for them.:banana:

BadDad & DOPEYLUVER,
Is there an opportunity to get the keys from your CPer so that as a parent we can go start moving a few things in for them? I will actually be helping to move my own daughter & her college roommate as they plan to room together during the CP.

Does your CPer have their car with them in Orlando? Her little car is in my name so the insurance card is also in my name. She has understood that the insurance card would need to be in her name rather than mine for Disney.
If your CPer doesn't have their car, have they had difficulty getting things that they need once you left?

BadDad & DOPEYLUVER,
Is there an opportunity to get the keys from your CPer so that as a parent we can go start moving a few things in for them? I will actually be helping to move my own daughter & her college roommate as they plan to room together during the CP.

Does your CPer have their car with them in Orlando? Her little car is in my name so the insurance card is also in my name. She has understood that the insurance card would need to be in her name rather than mine for Disney.
If your CPer doesn't have their car, have they had difficulty getting things that they need once you left?

Once they get their key, they can immediately head over to the apartment with you. So, you don't have to take her key. I don't think it's allowed either because she has to be with you to get past security if she doesn't chose Vista (if she does pick Vista, then she doesn't have to be with you cause you can just walk straight to the apartment without having to go through security). And the insurance card doesn't have to be in her name, her name just have to be on the card. My roommate's insurance card had her mom as the main driver/name, but my roommate was on it as well saying that she's covered as well.

I did two programs without a car and it worked out fine except I felt a bit limited. The buses take you to the parks, resorts, Walmart, Publix, the outlet stores and the mall once a week and the post office. I would recommend taking a car especially if she wants to go to other places, like, Universal Studios, Seaworld, the beach, restaurants the bus doesn't reach, etc. It also helps for grocery shopping because the Walmart bus is terrible. And she doesn't have to carry like six or seven bags full of heavy groceries all the way to her apartment (it really wasn't that much fun especially when it rained). The Walmart it takes you to also run out of stock really quick. With a car, you can go to the other Walmart five minutes away which is way nicer or even Target. It's also nice to have one if you are running late to work or have a really early or late shift. You have to wake up two hours early just to catch the bus that gets you to work an hour early. Having a car gives you a lot more freedom. And guess who all of the people without cars are going to be making friends with, lol! I'm taking my car this time and is so happy about it! I'm already planning all of the trips that I'm going to do (beach, Universal, etc). I'm also planning on getting a membership to BJs (there's one fifteen minutes away from Vista), so I can do most of my bulk groceries there to last me a while.

My daughter does have a car. It is currently in the parking lot at Vista waiting for the insurance adjuster. She was in an accident last night (1:30 this morning) on her way home from work. Thankfully she wasn't hurt but I feel so far away :(

My daughter does have a car. It is currently in the parking lot at Vista waiting for the insurance adjuster. She was in an accident last night (1:30 this morning) on her way home from work. Thankfully she wasn't hurt but I feel so far away :(

Oh, I am so sorry. :hug:
I have worried about that too. . .it is a hard decision for us!
I hope that your daughter is okay. I know that my daughter would be so upset having to deal with that on her own.
Please give your daughter a hug from me. :hug:

BadDad & DOPEYLUVER,

All of the parents in our daughters apartment stayed and moved the girls in while they went to casting that first day. We actually had to do a lot of cleaning because sadly the apartment was pretty dirty. They gave us a one day parking pass so we were able to go in and out of the apartment complex.

My daughter had traditions on her third day and her first day of training on the fourth day so we had plenty of time to spend with her before we left.

Sorry to hear about your daughter. Glad she is okay! That's one of the reasons why my mom was against me taking a car in the beginning. But, we talked and I told her that accidents can happen anywhere and I will drive as safely as I can. Also told her, that she is just a phone call away if I ever need anything and if I do get in an accident, she will be the first one I will call. She calmed down and told me that maybe it will teach me how to handle stuff/accidents as an adult (unless, I get hurt, then she will be on the first plane ride to get here).

Iris- I didn't know about the free pass! Last two times, I went by myself by plane. This time, since I am bringing my car, my mom will be driving down with me (my parents refuses to let me drive alone all the way from PA) and helping me move in. So excited because this will be the first time that she will see the apartments.

All of the parents in our daughters apartment stayed and moved the girls in while they went to casting that first day. We actually had to do a lot of cleaning because sadly the apartment was pretty dirty. They gave us a one day parking pass so we were able to go in and out of the apartment complex.

My daughter had traditions on her third day and her first day of training on the fourth day so we had plenty of time to spend with her before we left.

Ok, note to self bring cleaning supplies tucked somewhere in the car.

Where would we ask for the parking pass to be able to do some cleaning while they are in casting? I'm sure this will make much more sense when we are actually there. . .it now seems very confusing!

How soon are the CPers able to enter the parks with their new passes?
If possible, it would be nice if she & her little sis were able to ride Rocking Roller Coaster together. Something Mom is no longer able to do!

Ok, note to self bring cleaning supplies tucked somewhere in the car.

Where would we ask for the parking pass to be able to do some cleaning while they are in casting? I'm sure this will make much more sense when we are actually there. . .it now seems very confusing!

How soon are the CPers able to enter the parks with their new passes?
If possible, it would be nice if she & her little sis were able to ride Rocking Roller Coaster together. Something Mom is no longer able to do!

She gets her pass when she does Traditions If I'm remembering correctly, so on day three or four, as for the parking passes they just kind of hand them out, at least they did for my parents.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter