checking in baggage

B&T

Earning My Ears
WE ARE DRIVING OUR OWN VEHICLE TO THE TERMINAL. WHEN DO WE CHECK OUR BAGS IN AT THE TERMINAL? BEFORE WE PARK IN THE LOT OR AFTER?

You will arrive at the terminal and be directed to pull up to the terminal driveway. They will ask you to drop off all of your passengers and luggage and one person will be sent to park the car. Your passengers will wait for a baggage handeler to come and check in the bags. Disney has this process down to a science and it really works great!! I was actually surprised to see very few cars in the lot compared to how many people are on board ship. I think most people are shuttlled in on busses or taxi's, limo's etc. We were actually delighted to be driving since it was so easy to get in. I would plan to arrive at the terminal at about 10:30am. I understand they will not actually let you in the terminal area much earlier than that anyway since they are trying to get the previous cruise passengers out of there.

By the way, Make sure all of your forms are filled out before you get to the terminal. It will speed that process up. You have to go through security, then go up an escalator to a desk where they make sure all your forms are filled in. Once you are ok'd there, they send you to the actual check in desks (like a hotel check-in) to do the real deal. Next, you head to the line at the Mickey Ears and wait for the signal to board. We were allowed to start boarding a couple of minutes before noon.

Like I said Disney has this down to a science. I have never seen anything so efficient! What a pleasure. I actually started crying after we were done checking in because I had gotten myself all in knots about getting everything right. We had 6 in the family and I was definitly stressed but there was really no need for it. Trust in the Mouse!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter