Checked into VWL today

DopeyDonald

Mouseketeer
We just checked into VWL today for the 3rd year in a row, and I must say we were the most impressed we've ever been. We were greeted at the ME bus and taken into the lobby and registered (we had done on line check in) with a personal attendant type person. They were EXTREMELY helpful and friendly.

Not only that but our room was ready at the time which was around 12:45pm - I was definately hoping for that but not expecting that. We had our room request (near the elevators) filled and are only 2 doors down from my parents (they have a 2 bedroom with my bro and we have a one bedroom).

Our room is very clean and looks to be somewhat freshly updated (new fixtures in the sinks and tub and looks to be freshly painted).

We ate at WCC about an hr after checking in and the meal was great. The service outstanding, and the food all right. My hubby RAVED about the skillet the rest of the day, but I thought it was just OK. It was good, but could have been a LOT warmer. This is our first year on the dining plan, so it was neat to try it out - we took full advantage and had milkshakes AND dessert!!

Then this evening while we were shopping in the mercantile my 4 yr old daughter was getting a bit antsy while I was picking out a few things, so the gal who was working this evening dug out a coloring book and crayons and and sat down on the floor and colored with her - it was AMAZING. My daughter is super shy, but the CM was SO great with her, that as we left my daughter said...Mom, I LIKE that girl!

All in all, just a great first day at the Villas. We chose not to go to a park and just enjoy the resort and pool and chill out. We love it here and will continue to come back year after year. Not one bad thing to report!

I hope you have a fantastic trip! How sweet of that CM with your little girl

Where are you staying in December?

I hope you have a fantastic trip! How sweet of that CM with your little girl

Where are you staying in December?

As of right now we are staying here again. We aren't able to rent points for that trip as there is none to be had, but I did get a small AP discount. We may go check out the cabins this trip too to see what we think....

Good to hear such a positive report. We are staying there for the first time this November and are super excited!

We just checked into VWL today for the 3rd year in a row, and I must say we were the most impressed we've ever been. We were greeted at the ME bus and taken into the lobby and registered (we had done on line check in) with a personal attendant type person. They were EXTREMELY helpful and friendly.

Not only that but our room was ready at the time which was around 12:45pm - I was definately hoping for that but not expecting that. We had our room request (near the elevators) filled and are only 2 doors down from my parents (they have a 2 bedroom with my bro and we have a one bedroom).

Our room is very clean and looks to be somewhat freshly updated (new fixtures in the sinks and tub and looks to be freshly painted).

We ate at WCC about an hr after checking in and the meal was great. The service outstanding, and the food all right. My hubby RAVED about the skillet the rest of the day, but I thought it was just OK. It was good, but could have been a LOT warmer. This is our first year on the dining plan, so it was neat to try it out - we took full advantage and had milkshakes AND dessert!!

Then this evening while we were shopping in the mercantile my 4 yr old daughter was getting a bit antsy while I was picking out a few things, so the gal who was working this evening dug out a coloring book and crayons and and sat down on the floor and colored with her - it was AMAZING. My daughter is super shy, but the CM was SO great with her, that as we left my daughter said...Mom, I LIKE that girl!

All in all, just a great first day at the Villas. We chose not to go to a park and just enjoy the resort and pool and chill out. We love it here and will continue to come back year after year. Not one bad thing to report!

Love the story about your DD and the CM - so cute. A guest at WL is reporting on the WL thread that they practically have the place to themselves. What a great time of the year to go and enjoy VWL and WL:thumbsup2

I hope the rest of your vacation is wonderful - enjoy!

Glad you are having such a wonderful time. We are going to the WLV in Dec for 2 nights. We are traveling with my parents. They are in a 1 bedroom and we are in a studio but we requested connecting rooms. I'm glad to hear that you had fun just hanging around at the resort. I will be 7 months pregnant and my son will be 17 months old. I just don't think I will have the energy to fight the park crowd so DH and I plan on spending lots of time at the resort taking advantage of the amenities.

That sounds awesome. I do have a suggestion for you. Get the CM's name and advise the front desk. The CM's appreciate being appreciated. We had Patrick, from WL, go above and beyond for us, due to a Disney mistake. I went to his supervisor and they did "a round of applause" for him.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter