• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Checked into POR yesterday

Waltgirl

No, it's fine, it's just regular everyday sweat
We arrived yesterday at 12:30 pm after a 17 hr drive straight thru from NJ. Because the systems were down, they couldn't assign any rooms. They asked guests to go to the parks and said they "hoped" the rooms would be available after 3pm. That was fine because anytime your room is available earlier is a bonus. We took the launch to DTD to pick up our passes at Will Call Guest Services and TIW. We ate lunch at the Earl-all had the Holiday Sandwich-so good! And by then it was after so we headed back to POR. The lobby was packed with people waiting-not a good sign. There were managers running around trying to organize everything. We approached a group of CMs and asked about the rooms. They said they were being told before 4pm. It was now 3:40. We hung around by the windows until a manager approached us, took our info and said she'd check for us. We waited about 10 min and she came back and handed us a single blank key card and told us our room number. She said it was the best she could do for now but it would get us into the room. I didn't get the AB bldg I requested but was given one bldg over and poolview, so an upgrade-hooray! Also she said they couldn't accept payment then, so we could stop by at our convenience to settle the room. We went back after 11pm and the CM gave us our room keys etc.

The new rooms are beautiful. And the pull down bed is not as small as the pics make it seem. Still my beanpole 23 yo would not be comfortable on it. Great for kids/preteens though. The MK was decently crowded. During Wishes the HM, SW and Buzz were walk on. PP was 10 min.

Love hearing that about the pull down bed - we have not stayed at POR since 2008 so the renovations will be new to us, and I was a bit worried about the size of the bed. My 12 year old dd will probably take the pull down for herself a she hates sharing a bed :lmao: luckily she is small for 12 and hopefully it will fit her needs.

Have a great time!

My very petite 13 year old niece slept on the pulldown bed and she fit comfortably. At the time she was 4'8" and 75lbs -- if she was much bigger, it might not have been as comfortable.

Tom

Love hearing that about the pull down bed - we have not stayed at POR since 2008 so the renovations will be new to us, and I was a bit worried about the size of the bed. My 12 year old dd will probably take the pull down for herself a she hates sharing a bed :lmao: luckily she is small for 12 and hopefully it will fit her needs.

Have a great time!

I think she will be fine. It's neat looking and super easy to open and close. It really is pretty spacious but the mattress is thin and just sits on the wooden pull down door. Kids can usually sleep anywhere, at least I could when I was a kid. Adults are different, now I get a pain in my back just thinking about it.

The rooms and the resort looks beautiful from the renovations. We did see a small black snake on the walkway last night though. Best to be careful when walking around in the early evenings. Why are the paths so dark at night?

Waltgirl

Good to know about the new AB rooms and the pulldown bed we will be here in Dec and havent stayed at POR since 2005 and that was in a Mansion room!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter