Checked Drinks?

my3kids

<font color=blue>Helpful Cruise Board regular!<br>
Seems some here have been able to check their drinks with the luggage, but the "Guide to the Magic" says no drinks can be checked. I secured my assorted 12 packs together into a cube, wrapped them in paper and attached a handle and a luggage tag(Did all that BEFORE I read they couldn't be checked.) So what is the real scoop? If it isn't a dripping cooler full of cold ones, will they deliver my rather cumbersome cube to my stateroom?

I had read these needed to be wrapped inside a suitcase. Is it better to have them bring them on board inside a carry-on bag? soft sided cooler? or bring them on ourselves?
And can we only bring on 1 carry-on? I thought I read we can carryon anything we wanted. But official docs that came with docs say 1 carryon per person.

We have brought beverages on both the Magic and Wonder (just this past week).

We stop on the way to the port and buy sodas and beer and put them in a duffel bag and "check" them. We put wine in our carryon. Make sure to buy only plastic or cans! :)

Good luck,
Susan

We brought a soft soded cooler with wheels. Loaded it with cans of beer, soda and bottles of vodka (in plastic) There was even ice in it as we were staying at a hotel for tow weeks before our cruise. The porter how was unloadind our checked luggage from our van asked" are there drinks in here?" I said yes but all non breakable. He checked it and we were on our way! I would carry on any breakables. I bought the vodka in plastic bottles so I could check them.

I second the soft sided rolling cooler. We checked it empty on our way to MCO, then put some beer and wine in it and rolled it onto the ship. Upon disembarkation, we loaded it with souveniers and laundry, and put it in the hall. It was handy! Diana

For our carry-on luggage, we had a soft-sided cooler with 12 bottles of Corona which clincked the whole walk through. When we got to security, DH put it on the conveyor belt and the guy said jokingly, Is this bottled water in here? DH at first didn't realize he was kidding and was taken back and said no, it's beer. The guy just smiled and said that's okay,too! So, bring what you want...they didn't even look inside it. I didn't think we could have ice in it because I read someone's post that said you couldn't have ice in it for whatever reason. So fill it up with ice so your drinks are nice and cold and have a good time! By the way, we were on the Oct. 20th Wonder.

I had planned on picking up a 12 pack of pepsi and just carrying it on to our cabin. It won't fit in my carryon - I thought you could just carry them on intact?!

AnnMorin....I have so many 12 packs I can't carry it!;)

I guess I'll keep my little parcel that looks like a cross between something rejected by UPS and a Christmas gift that someone's two year old wrapped! Sounds like it shouldn't be problem.

I did put my husband's luggage tag on it and not mine so if anyone gets any odd looks, it's him!:o

We are doin' a 3 day disney 4day cruise, disney transportation is taking us to the ship. Any chance there is something around there to get beer before we board? How do you keep it cold?

We carried on a cube of Diet Pepsi but checked the bottle of wine through with my suitcase. DH, also, had a softside of tequila that was in his carryon. You are allowed one carry on and one personal item per person. So we came through with a backpack per child plus a rollaboard; the bag with the kids' medicine, my carryon, my purse plus the pepsi and my laptop which has a dvd player for the movies the kids wanted to bring.

I always pack my beverages in a checked bag. I use a lot of bubble wrap since my gin and DH's wine are all in glass bottles. We use one roller board type case for most and then I wrap what ever is left in plastic bags and bubble wrap and put in with our clothes. We have never had a problem in any of our 4 Disney cruises. Then at the end of the cruise, we have an empty suitcase for our purchases during the cruise! Remember the secret is bubble wrap! and I also put a bottle inside a zip up plastic bag. Kathy

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter