Check Your Unclaimed Property!

For those of you who had claimed on a deceased person was the process easy? I found 2 claims for my parents who are deceased. I printed off all the required paperwork, but one claim is from an address 20 years ago (yikes). Tried to pull a credit report, but I have send it in and can't access it online. One of the papers that I have to fill out requires a notary which I don't see the purpose as its not asking about any pertaining info:confused3.

Searching for myself, husband, and parents. And although I have found nothing- I was amused to find several people with similar names who are owed money from none other than WALT DISNEY CO!!!!

I found $22 from upromise. In addition to the $2 from Paypal and $1.XX from an old Best Buy online account that were there last time I checked. Guess I will send the claims in. $25 is $25

One of the papers that I have to fill out requires a notary which I don't see the purpose as its not asking about any pertaining info:confused3.

They are notorizing that you are who you say you are. It is only for claims (at least in California) for claims over $1,000.

I have checked this many times before but yesterday I saw this thread and decided to check again. I couldn't believe that DHs name came up! It was from the state that we live in undisclosed amount. I filled the claim last night, can't wait to see what it is. DH and I were joking that we probably overpaid our state tax by .50 or something LOL. Anyway thanks for posting this, I'll post back when we hear.

luvdisney00 said:
I have checked this many times before but yesterday I saw this thread and decided to check again. I couldn't believe that DHs name came up! It was from the state that we live in undisclosed amount. I filled the claim last night, can't wait to see what it is. DH and I were joking that we probably overpaid our state tax by .50 or something LOL. Anyway thanks for posting this, I'll post back when we hear.

Weird because this one claim is for. $25-50 that requires to be notarized and the other 2 say over $100.

Pretty neat, thanks OP!

We are not on there but my aunt & uncle are!! She passed away last year and he could really use the money...says its over $100 from State Farm. I'll have to tell him asap!! :thumbsup2

Just refreshing this thread again because, on a whim, I went and checked for myself and DH - and found we each had more than $100 from the state of Massachusetts that wasn't there when I wrote the original post. :hyper:

I have no idea how much it's for, but we filled out the online claims and are now waiting to find out. (It will probably be one claim filed under both our names for $101. But hey, money is money.)

I had two claims on there. One is under $100 and one is for over $100 but no idea how much because it doesn't say. I mean is the under $100 worth it? If it is like $50 then yes but if it is like $1 then no. I guess I will file both of them and see. I hope they honor them because they are both very old. One is from 2003 and the other is 2005. Mutual Funds and the other is paypal. I am guessing the paypal one is very small.

Thanks OP never knew about this, searched and my name is there, I couldn't believe it. The reported by an amount are blank, I submitted my info to claim. Thanks!

Our names came up in the local paper for unclaimed property 2 weeks ago. With our address from 18 years ago. We filed, and we are still waiting.

I saw nothing about over or under a certain $$ amount.

I just found a refund in DHs deceased grandmother's name...just started plugging in relatives' names.

Amount listed as 'unknown' so we shall see. I'll update.

Thanks.

found two things under my dh name one our address one his old address from 2000 it says we need proof he lived there buth it was so long ago(he lived with friends and didnt drive at that time)

I found one under my boyfriend that we claimed as well. I started searching everyone I know, I found a handful now I need to explain what I found and why I was searching the names lol.

nothing for me or dh, but found a lot for my parents! Their house burned down several years ago and I guess a bunch of their things never got forwarded to the right places. They were under so much stress at the time I think they just forgot about some of their accounts and whatnot. Nice little surprise for them! Fun to call with some good news!

How do you provide documentation of entitlement to the property? I found 3 items for my husband at different addresses, but the amount is unknown, and they are from years ago.

Each state will have its own requirements but I've been able to use old tax returns.

I found $100! :) Must be a rebate that whirlpool never sent me from 8 years ago. LOL Bummer that it won't get to me before Disney, but I will use it for Christmas. :)

I sent in my information last year and totally forgot about it. Never received the money. Saw the bump on this post and it is still out there along with another $31. So now I will submit again and hopefully it will get to me this time. This time it will go into my house fund account.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter