• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check your SPAM emails-I won the Star Tours Preview-NEW INFO POST #75 re: check-in

Has anyone received a "sorry, you didn't win" email yet? I haven't received any emails (despite checking spam folder).

When I entered the Little Mermaid Meet Up, I received an email saying I didn't win...:confused3

I have won alot of these contest in the past tickets have no cash value so u can't upgrade to an AP.... also there either just good the day or good within three days never seen them good for longer then three days. At the prirate event they made us use the tickets my fiancee and I both tried to use our AP'S and they said no had to use the ticket even though they were letting regular guest in the park at the same time.

I have won alot of these contest in the past tickets have no cash value so u can't upgrade to an AP.... also there either just good the day or good within three days never seen them good for longer then three days. At the prirate event they made us use the tickets my fiancee and I both tried to use our AP'S and they said no had to use the ticket even though they were letting regular guest in the park at the same time.

Bummer. I really hate to waste those tickets, oh well.:confused3

:( I was hoping to use my ticket to upgrade my guests ticket into a park hopper since I have my AP. Oh well. Do you know if they will even let us upgrade the prize ticket to a park hopper at the booths, using regular cash to pay for the difference? Or would this be the same situation as using the prize ticket to upgrade to an AP?

Just booked our hotel on priceline and got a good price for Thursday night.

Does anyone know if you can enter the park later in the day and still get on the preview for Star Tours? I was hoping to check in early with with DS then take him back to the hotel to let him sleep in before we head over. If my DS doesn't get enough sleep it could end up being a bad day and since we have APs we were hoping to go see electronica later at night.

Do you know if they will even let us upgrade the prize ticket to a park hopper at the booths, using regular cash to pay for the difference? Or would this be the same situation as using the prize ticket to upgrade to an AP?

I just sent an email asking the same thing... I wanna show my mom World of Color and my sisters were thinking about buying hoppers to just come along and spend the day in the parks while we ride star tours.... I hope they say yes! I would be so bummed not to get to go to elecTRONica or WOC or even TOT!

I just sent an email asking the same thing... I wanna show my mom World of Color and my sisters were thinking about buying hoppers to just come along and spend the day in the parks while we ride star tours.... I hope they say yes! I would be so bummed not to get to go to elecTRONica or WOC or even TOT!

Please let us know what they say! :goodvibes

On a side note, i had a dream (well more like a nightmare!) that I missed the preview because I lost track of time and was off in Toon Town. (yeah, missed ST2 for Toon Town!!!)

Please let us know what they say! :goodvibes

On a side note, i had a dream (well more like a nightmare!) that I missed the preview because I lost track of time and was off in Toon Town. (yeah, missed ST2 for Toon Town!!!)

:lmao: nice! Well at least you have one thing you won't have to worry about-All the other rides/toon town will be closed! :D won't get lost that way ;)

I'm kinda excited to see the new pirate merch as well! pirate: Missing my midnight premire for ST buuuut I think its def an even trade ;)

Any updates on this? Did they e-mail you back?

I still haven't heard anything back from them :/ however my sisters got a "Sorry you didn't qualify" email from Disney... which is odd since they never received the email saying they qualified in the first place... anyone else get that?

I am going to try to send them another message real quick and see what's up. I really wanna be able to change it to a hopper so I can go hang out at Flynns and check out elecTRONica!

EDITED: Just got an email back finally and it looks like our tickets are NOT eligible to upgrade to a hopper, however the email did say that could change at any time so here's hoping we can upgrade!!

I still haven't heard anything back from them :/ however my sisters got a "Sorry you didn't qualify" email from Disney... which is odd since they never received the email saying they qualified in the first place... anyone else get that?

I am going to try to send them another message real quick and see what's up. I really wanna be able to change it to a hopper so I can go hang out at Flynns and check out elecTRONica!

EDITED: Just got an email back finally and it looks like our tickets are NOT eligible to upgrade to a hopper, however the email did say that could change at any time so here's hoping we can upgrade!!

Oh thanks for the info! Hopefully it does change! :goodvibes

Just scored a room at the Travelodge for $35! Priceline ftw! See y'all there!

Since the prize is a preview ride and tickets for two, and given the time :eek: and date, there may be some winners who can't use the second slot.

Since there are other topics about "magic sharing" re TTMM, priority seating, etc ...

If it's OK with the mods, is this worth a new thread, or can the wants / haves be discussed here?

I think that would be a great idea. I know I'll be using my 2 (taking DD11 out of school) and my DM will be taking my 2.5 y/o nephew as her guest. He's under 3 and wouldn't normally require a ticket but I'm not sure about getting him in before the park officially opens? We babysit him so we have to take him.

If anyone has an extra guest pass and wants to post it here I would be fine with it (as long as moderators are okay with it). It'll have to be done soon since Friday a.m. is almost here.

I could edit my first post to include openings.

BTW I posted on the WDW that my DSis and her DH got to ride ST in DHS yesterday during a soft opening. I had read someone's posting about being able to do so so I called her and told her that she might want to check it out. When they first got there it was closed, but it open shortly. The loved it! She said it is awesome!:goodvibes

Also, if anyone will have extra admissions to the AP preview event I would love to go to that. ;)

As far as I know, I don't think we have a problem with people giving away their extra slots for the preview. I've seen people post on the DIS before about things they were giving away for free, and it was fine.

As long as there is no money involved and all you are doing is giving away the extra 'seat,' I think it's okay (to my knowledge). No selling or buying of any kind, though. After all, people give away their TTMM vouchers and Preferred Seatings, so this is not all that much different.

It's up to you guys if you want to start a new thread for it or keep it in this thread.

Well it's almost time to go to bed to get up to leave at 5:45 to ride ST2 in the a.m. :lmao: Okay, not quite, but almost.

I'll report back how it went. My DM just told me she may not ride it. I wonder if DD11 and I can use DM and Dnephew2.5 turn to ride it twice?

I heard something interesting....rumor.. not substantiated. Not sure how this will work. I heard that if guests have a certain wristband they can dress up as a Star Wars character and ride ST2. Also heard there are 54 versions. Not sure how this wristband thing would work and if they are talking tomorrow's preview, AP previews, or after official opening?

I posted elsewhere, but was disappointed in Disney on how this went down. The ride was awesome, but there was no need to have everyone start lining up at 4 AM and only let them ride it once if they were then going to open it up a little later and let people wait an hour to ride it once. They should have at least told people exiting the preview that they didn't know if there would be more rides later in the day. I love Disney, but this contest win seemed to be a big loser for me. I spent $500 or so to win and had my son crying at the park as a result. We will be back in October and I am sure all will be good. I still don't know that my son understands why people looked right at him and told him he wouldn't be able to ride until 6/3 if they intended to let people to ride it a few hours later. I told them that they didn't lie and that they just didn't know. His response was "why didn't they say they didn't know, then?"

Anyway, we both loved the ride and it is going to be a big hit, IMO.

I posted elsewhere, but was disappointed in Disney on how this went down. The ride was awesome, but there was no need to have everyone start lining up at 4 AM and only let them ride it once if they were then going to open it up a little later and let people wait an hour to ride it once. They should have at least told people exiting the preview that they didn't know if there would be more rides later in the day. I love Disney, but this contest win seemed to be a big loser for me. I spent $500 or so to win and had my son crying at the park as a result. We will be back in October and I am sure all will be good. I still don't know that my son understands why people looked right at him and told him he wouldn't be able to ride until 6/3 if they intended to let people to ride it a few hours later. I told them that they didn't lie and that they just didn't know. His response was "why didn't they say they didn't know, then?"

Anyway, we both loved the ride and it is going to be a big hit, IMO.

Ditto.

Oh and for those who were wondering the one day tickets were not upgradeable and had to be used 5/20/11 so if you had an AP (like I do) the ticket had no real value at all. Much like getting up so early, standing in line so long, only to have regular guests ride later in the day with a min. wait.:confused::mad:

Loved the ride. Will ride again, many times. Never with more than a 30 minute wait though. It was 1 to 1-1/2 years before I rode Nemo due to it's lines. ;)

My husband noticed that Entertainment Weekly had a blurb about the ride, and I think he told me that EW magazine published that the ride would be open on May 20 and then June 3 again, so maybe they did that to avoid backlash from those who had read that blurb about the ride. :confused3

Because I knew about the contest, when we walked by the ride, I had noticed it looked like people were going on without passes, etc., BUT assumed it was NOT open to the public due to my knowledge about the contest, which I won, but was promptly disqualified as you have to be a USA resident and I am Canadian. We left the next day to go back home, and won't be back to DL until 2013 now. Argh.

I will check EW and post more about it to clarify, later.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter