Check your September Alamo rates!!!

Yowza!! I checked my Alamo rate again and I'm in the under-$100 club! Saved $20 and now looking at $92.25 for a one week mid-size car, Sept 6-13.

If that wasn't awesome enough, I also checked my National ressie and it went down $25 - so that ressie is now $99.00 for a mid-size!

I can't believe these rates - keep the savings coming!!

:banana: :banana:

I must just have bad luck, because my convertible rental has gone UP in the last few days by about $10. :confused3

Check your rates again...

September 20-30, 2008
Was 180.94 for Midsize car

Checked today and now down to
154.69 for a FULLSIZE car.

Using walmart code 430710 BY and $25 Alamo coupon found on their site.
Saved another $26.25

Just checked mine again........I had 5 days @ $81.06 and never thought it would go lower than that........and I just redid my reservation at $72.91.This is with an AMEX code (714295) and the ecoupon for $25.00 on the Alamo website. The AMEX code gives a bit more of a discount over the Walmart code and since I am a Q.........member my DH is included as a additional driver. Thanks all !!!!

I normally lurk this board but I just wanted to thank all of you for helping me get such a great deal on my Sept 20-27th rental. I've changed my reservation about 20 times and I'm finally down to $83 tax included for the week in a midsized....I don't think it'll go any lower than that!

Thank you all so much for posting the codes and price drops!

OMG! My rates dropped again! September 26-October 3, Full size, orignially $150.94. Then last week rebooked at $137.24. Today rebooked at $95.24! I am soooooo excited!
Lori

Check your rates again...

September 20-30, 2008
Was 180.94 for Midsize car

Checked today and now down to
154.69 for a FULLSIZE car.

Using walmart code 430710 BY and $25 Alamo coupon found on their site.
Saved another $26.25

I used these discounts and got a MINIVAN for 248.00 for 10 days AND it includes the additional driver. This is 10 cheaper than the "questionable" national code. :banana: :cheer2: I am super excited

An avid Alamo price-watcher here... :rotfl2:

Checked the rates again today (always just modifying the existing ressie) and got my mid sized car from 9/19 - 9/24 using Walmart code 428448 Rate Code shows as BY and the $25 coupon for ...... $72.76! WHen I originally started looking back in June it was about $160. (no way was I going to pay that). Some days it is more, some days less but I am thrilled with it going down down down. Yesterday is was $79! But for a mid sized, who can beat that? :cheer2:

Kris

Thank you I got our cars down last night to $95 for a full size and $165 for our Mid size SUV!

We are going 9/12-22, 11 full days. I'm not complaining too loudly because my rate was originally about 303 in March. It has been at 185.45 for a full size since the last price drop a week or two ago. Just jealous that late Sept DIS'ers are having another awesome price drop in the past few days. I think we are paying about 111/wk, and some of you guys are under 100/wk. Anybody in mid Sept getting a price drop?

Frannn, I'm with you. Travelling 9/15-23, was able to get my midsize down to $100.24....but I keep seeing people's rates going lower and I look and no luck....its rather disheartening but it doesn't stop me from trying several times a day, everyday! That's all we can do, right? Maybe some last minute specials?

Checked again this morning

9/20-9/30/08
Fullsize still at $154.69
Midsize did go down to $136.47

Saved another 18.22

How are you all getting these rates????

Do you book through the Alamo site? What codes are you using and where are you putting them???

Thank-you

Kim

Mine dropped again too!!! Yesterday I rebooked with a full size, Sept 19-29 for $169. Today I rebooked with a mid size for $149!!:cool1:
I am using the $25 ecoupon on Alamo's site and the Walmart code from Mousesavers.

Do you book through the Alamo site? What codes are you using and where are you putting them???

Thank-you

Kim

It depends very much on your rental dates. If you notice, everyone that is posting huge savings have dates within the next month to 6 weeks. I'm renting in Dec and the best I've gotten (so far) using Costco and the $25 coupon from Alamo's web site is $203 for a compact for 7 days. I will keep checking but I don't expect much to change until probably November.

Thank-you

Kim

For our rates (9/27-10/04 - one car is being returned in the morning the other at night- so that is why the big difference) we are using the Costco - discount (Up to 25% - not sure it is giving it to us but we are getting free additional driver) and the $25 coupon on Alamo's site. I also checked and our rate is either the same or higher if we use the walmart or Amex codes. I don't know anything about those so I'm more comfortable using the costco and alamo coupons since I know I have a membership.

BTW anyone who has used costco - my costco card is my amex card I don't have a plain membership card - will alamo give me a problem with this or should I go to costco and see if they will give me a regular card too. It is the amex costco card (not a plain amex).

Using the Alamo $25 off coupon: AD6974JDM
This is directly from their site.

For a code:
430710 BY
It is a Walmart code for unlimited miles and free additional driver.

Rent on the full hour. Picking up at 11:00am. Dropping off at 10:00am

Check often

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter