Check your Reservations!

Brikate

DIS Veteran
I have been checking the Disney Vacation Club website (at least 2x daily!) to watch & see if our wait list come thru for 10/30. Imagine my shock when I checked last night and our OKW reservation was GONE and the points had been put back into our account! I couldn't call then, they weren't open -- so I sent them an email with the CM's name, time and all the notes of my conversation on Thursday.

I called 1st thing this morning calmly explaining that the reservation was there all weekend and the last I spoke to anyone was last Thursday (I even made our ME reservations on Friday night). 'Sharon' told me that it was in fact canceled - yesterday afternoon (Monday) ACK!!! :scared1: I remained VERY calm (yet shakey) and said that I didn't cancel it. She assured me that they would fix the problem & put me on hold. After a few minutes she suggested that I didn't need to hold, but to call back later - and NOT TO WORRY - we WILL have a room! She was soooo sweet and reassuring to me! :hug: She told me (as did the recording and postings on this site) that Member Services is switching over their computers. Somehow my reservation was inadvertently dropped.

15 minutes later, I checked the Member website and l and behold - there was my OKW reservation back where it should be - whew! :worship:

Sooooo check your reservations over the next week or so to make sure that it is still there!

How terrible, I am so sorry you had to go through this stress and at least it was all resolved in the end. Thanks for the heads up!

Talk about a moment of shear panic! :eek: :scared1: :eek:
Glad it turned out o.k., I'm login in next to check mine!

Thanks for the warning!

We have had a reservation disappear when our account was incorrectly worked on for a wait list that wasn't ours. We have learned to periodically double check our reservations and points just to be on the safe side.

:earsboy: Bill

My loan payment hasn't been taken out of my account yet either and no one can give me an answer to that. I will give it another couple of days and then try again if it is still pending! Irritating to say the least.

thanks for the warning. i just checked and my stuff looks ok... *phew*

I have been checking the Disney Vacation Club website (at least 2x daily!) to watch & see if our wait list come thru for 10/30. Imagine my shock when I checked last night and our OKW reservation was GONE and the points had been put back into our account! I couldn't call then, they weren't open -- so I sent them an email with the CM's name, time and all the notes of my conversation on Thursday.

I called 1st thing this morning calmly explaining that the reservation was there all weekend and the last I spoke to anyone was last Thursday (I even made our ME reservations on Friday night). 'Sharon' told me that it was in fact canceled - yesterday afternoon (Monday) ACK!!! :scared1: I remained VERY calm (yet shakey) and said that I didn't cancel it. She assured me that they would fix the problem & put me on hold. After a few minutes she suggested that I didn't need to hold, but to call back later - and NOT TO WORRY - we WILL have a room! She was soooo sweet and reassuring to me! :hug: She told me (as did the recording and postings on this site) that Member Services is switching over their computers. Somehow my reservation was inadvertently dropped.

15 minutes later, I checked the Member website and l and behold - there was my OKW reservation back where it should be - whew! :worship:

Sooooo check your reservations over the next week or so to make sure that it is still there!

Wow that would really freak me out. I checked today and our WL came through...

They did send notice that they would be changing over their computer systems this month to allow for more features in the future...

I would hope that everyone would relax...its a hotel room...not a kidney

They did send notice that they would be changing over their computer systems this month to allow for more features in the future...

You say this until it's YOUR vacation where you have airline tickets, car, tickets, etc purchased.....then all of a sudden your reservation is gone and DVC is booked solid.

You say this until it's YOUR vacation where you have airline tickets, car, tickets, etc purchased.....then all of a sudden your reservation is gone and DVC is booked solid.

No...I say it in general...whether its me, you, or the queen of Sheba

but it all worked out...so good news and happy times for everybody

You are correct, they DID notify us of the computer change, but I wouldn't have been too 'relaxed' when we arrived at the resort only to find out that the reservation had been canceled because of a computer error. If *I* hadn't caught the error, *I* would be out of a room. Accidents happen. I was just suggesting that people be proactive - not panicked.

No...I say it in general...whether its me, you, or the queen of Sheba

but it all worked out...so good news and happy times for everybody

But hey ... thanks for your input. It was extremely helpful on this thread!

Wow. What a comment. At what point did you feel that you were going to contribute to this post in a way that was warranted/wanted? If a vacation, that we have been planning for a long period of time, suddenly dissappeared from the member site, I would have FREAKED.

It is a hotel room, but it is the vacation that families look forward to, and in Disney, the "hotel room" is more than a hotel room.

So, please, don't be rude when someone else is trying to warn and help others.

Thanks for the heads up............checked mine and it's still there for next month. Sorry about the chaos you had to deal with :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter