Check your mail, HouseParty Keurig invites!

Mine has been used daily since we got it on Saturday. I got my 3 boxes of "coffee" yesterday! Kids loved the hot chocolate, and they already loved the green tea from the variety pack. I can't believe how good the Kona was in the variety..I love it, but wish it came in decaf.

I will be going to Bed Bath and Beyond to get the k-cup filter to make our own tomorrow.

Can anyone tell me what the subject line of the e-mail said or who exactly it was from? I am trying to check my spam mail and don't want to miss it. Thanks!!

The subject line says "You’re a host finalist for the Green Mountain Coffee® & Keurig® House Party" and yes, I did get in!:cool1:

I've been waiting to hear something since others have said that they got in last week. I thought I didn't have a chance, but this afternoon there it was. It does require a purchase of about $12.00, but I think it's worth it! :lovestruc

The subject line says "You’re a host finalist for the Green Mountain Coffee® & Keurig® House Party" and yes, I did get in!:cool1:

I've been waiting to hear something since others have said that they got in last week. I thought I didn't have a chance, but this afternoon there it was. It does require a purchase of about $12.00, but I think it's worth it! :lovestruc
Mine was actually closer to $17+ with tax. But still, it was a bargain considering the machine is retailing for about $99 and the K-cups go for around $12 per box (plus tax & shipping).

So, what's everyone planning for their house party?

To the people that got in on this - we had to sign up for the cafe express. I figured it out that each $11.95 box delivered will be around $17. We are obligated to buy only one box. Does the one we bought with the machine qualify as the one or do we have to order one more? I want to cancel the cafe express, but think I should wait until after I have the house party. What does everyone else think? You can get the coffee in bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupons and it would come out much cheaper.

WOW! Congrats to all that got into this one, it seems like they are still sending out invites for this, according to my dashboard I'm still in the running, hopefully I still have a chance.

Has anyone priced the k-cups in stores? I'm not sure where they can be bought locally, so if I get in I would probably stay in and keep them sending the k-cups to my home.

WOW! Congrats to all that got into this one, it seems like they are still sending out invites for this, according to my dashboard I'm still in the running, hopefully I still have a chance.

Has anyone priced the k-cups in stores? I'm not sure where they can be bought locally, so if I get in I would probably stay in and keep them sending the k-cups to my home.

They sell them at Bed Bath and Beyond. They are $9.99 for a box of 18. The cafe express is$11.99 for a box of 24. You can always use the 20% off coupons in BBB.

So the only way to use this coffee maker is to purchase more K-cups? :confused:

Am I right that it only makes one cup at a time and that each K-cup only makes one cup of coffee? :surfweb:

I'm not sure I can afford to keep buying these special little coffee pods. Is there a way to make your own?:idea:

So the only way to use this coffee maker is to purchase more K-cups? :confused:

Am I right that it only makes one cup at a time and that each K-cup only makes one cup of coffee? :surfweb:

I'm not sure I can afford to keep buying these special little coffee pods. Is there a way to make your own?:idea:

You could also buy "my k-cup" resuable filter from amazon or bed bath and beyond. It's about $15, and you just scoop your coffee grinds directlly in it instead of having to buy more boxes of k-cups. That's what dh does. Although he still buys k-cup boxes of kona coffee, tea, and hot chocolate for variety.

Yes, each k-cup makes 1 cup of coffee. Depending on yoru keurig machine, you may have an option of small, medium, or large (sorry i don't know the ounces)

you can no longer apply for this houseparty, but my dashboard still says active applicant so i am still hoping

maybe they are waiting to see how many people make thier phone call to get theirs so they can see how many more e-mails they will send out. I just found out last night that my friend got an e-mail offer but hasn't called yet. She already has a maker so I told her to call and sign up for the club and give me the maker. I can get a better deal on K-cups than I can on the pods for my Senseo. They stopped making my tea pods so I'm not stuck wiht my Senseo anymore. I lvoe it and it works well for my DH's coffee but no more tea pods.... :sad2: :sad: :sad:

To the people that got in on this - we had to sign up for the cafe express. I figured it out that each $11.95 box delivered will be around $17. We are obligated to buy only one box. Does the one we bought with the machine qualify as the one or do we have to order one more? I want to cancel the cafe express, but think I should wait until after I have the house party. What does everyone else think? You can get the coffee in bed bath and beyond with the 20% off coupons and it would come out much cheaper.

I took notes while talking to the rep on the phone. The box we bought will satisfy the requirement. But they ask that we wait 30 days to cancel the membership. You cannot cancel via the website you have to call it in. Check your account on line to be sure you have it set for the auto delivery 90 days out--this will give you time to have the party, enjoy the coffee and call and cancel in a timely fashion. If you switch to having the boxes delivered every 90 days and have four boxes deliverd you do not pay shipping so you are paying $11.95 per box.
Can you use the 20% coupons on the Keurig stuff or is that one of the many things on the bottom that is "not allowed". I think the Kcups are $14.95 per box at BBB making the kcups $11.96 per box if the coupon is allowed.

Ok here is what I found: BBB 18 k cups for $9.99 (.55 per cup)--$7.99 if coup can be used so .44per cup.
BBB 60 k cups for $29.99 (.50 per cup--one variety available)--$23.99 if coup can be used so .40 per cup.
Direct $11.95 for 24 k cups (.50 per cup)-- if you get 4 boxes delivered every 90 days with free shipping.

If the BBB coupons can be used for them then BBB is the better deal. Otherwise changing delivery preferences and getting the free shipping is a good deal.

I took notes while talking to the rep on the phone. The box we bought will satisfy the requirement. But they ask that we wait 30 days to cancel the membership. You cannot cancel via the website you have to call it in. Check your account on line to be sure you have it set for the auto delivery 90 days out--this will give you time to have the party, enjoy the coffee and call and cancel in a timely fashion. If you switch to having the boxes delivered every 90 days and have four boxes deliverd you do not pay shipping so you are paying $11.95 per box.
Can you use the 20% coupons on the Keurig stuff or is that one of the many things on the bottom that is "not allowed". I think the Kcups are $14.95 per box at BBB making the kcups $11.96 per box if the coupon is allowed.

Ok here is what I found: BBB 18 k cups for $9.99 (.55 per cup)--$7.99 if coup can be used so .44per cup
BBB 60 k cups for $29.99 (.30 per cup--one variety available)
Direct $11.95 for 24 k cups (.50 per cup)

If the BBB coupons can be used for them then BBB is the better deal.

My neighbor has the Keurig and told me she uses the coupons at BBB all the time for the k-cups. I have never bought anything at BBB where the cashier said the coupon couldn't be used. BTW, you can use multiple BBB coupons for the number of items you are buying.

This is the first House Party that I got into. The Kuerig Coffeemaker and K cups just came to the house via Fed Ex and I called all this in via the number on Monday. I got the machine and 3 boxes of K cups for $12.95. Considering the machine retails for $99 at most locations not a bad deal. Now just waiting to see what comes in the package from House Party. The dashboard still says I am being reviewed for the party. They will have a decision by 3/30.

According to the House Party application, you should also be getting travrl mugs and calenders for your guests! Congrats to all of those that got accepted.

Does anyone still have the phone number?? DH DELETED IT!!!!! :scared1: :scared1: :scared1: Ugh...I asked him this morning, if he had seen anything and he said he had but just figured it was spam. Men. I am hoping they have my e-mail on file and can figure it out that way.

I was hoping to get this one but it's not looking very good right now. Congrats to those who got in!

My dashboard is still reading 'under review' also. I wish I knew if its a yes or no - the waiting/wondering is killing me. Although...if I had to guess, it would be no, esp. since most of you guys have gotten your stuff.

I sent an e-mail to inquire about the campaign, here is the response...

Hi Wendy,

Thanks for your email. For this party, we are doing a rolling host selection, meaning we are choosing a few people every day for about two weeks. As of now, most of the hosts have been selected, but we are still in the process of selecting a few more. If you are selected as a host finalist, you will need to call the 800 number to confirm your spot. Please feel free to respond if you have any other questions and best of luck being selected!

Please reply back to this email without changing the subject line if you have further clarifications.

Sincerely,
Consumer Care
House Party, Inc.
(703) 591-7100
(877) 474-7555
http://helpdesk.houseparty.com/

Not looking good for me ):

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter