Check this thread out on the CB

momngrandma

Earning My Ears
There's a thread on the Community Board about the new Disney movie, "Bubble-Boy". I'd be interested to hear what some of you people here on the DisAbilities board have to say about it. The post is by songbird and is called "Bubble-Boy: Should they or shouldn't they?"

Sorry I don't know how to post a link to it, but if you happen to think of it, you might want to check it out. Thanks.

Here's a link to that thread for you.
I have to agree with you. I think it is sad that the film was made. The parts that have shown up on TV have been repetions of the same idea (bubble boy rolls down a hill, bubble boy bounces across a street, bubble boy bounces off the bus and rolls away when he can't fit thru the door). It looks like amunition for kids to make fun of other kids with disabilities. I saw an interview where the makers of the film said they saw no problem with it, after all there was a "Boy in the Bubble" film that starred John Travolta in the 70s. That was a drama (not a very good one), and didn't use the boy with a disability to get laughs.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter