• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check out the park hours for March Break!

MECH8T7

DIS Veteran
We're starting to fine tune our itinerary and I decided to check the WDW website for details on MK hours. For the general public, the MK will be open until 11:00 pm and I presume even later on Wednesday night when the MK is the park open late for Disney resort guest as part of the Extra Magic Hour program. The spectromagic parade will not start until 9:00 pm and wishes will be even later at 10:00 pm.

This is definitely going to have an effect on how we will be approaching the week's plan. We've got two little kiddies (DS6, DD4), so we're going to have to make sure we head back to the resort for a long pre-dinner nap on our days at the MK. It's also probably unlikely that we will be able take advantage of Extra Magic Hour evening at the MK given that it won't even start until after 11:00 pm. Finally, we are staying at the Poly during part of our stay and I was thinking that we would take in Wishes from the beach a couple of the nights but now I'm doubting that its worth keeping the kids up for it given how tired they would be the next morning. I am also now wondering how late they will be running the Electric Water Pageant during our stay, if at all. (My understanding is that it normally runs after Wishes but how late could it be with Wishes starting at 10:00 pm?)

The later showing of Spector Magic are beast since they are typically less crowded. I remember the late show at X-mas one evening and there was lots of seating room etc. Might be tough with two small kids.

The split day idea is great and at Poly you can ride the monorail instead of the bus.

Try and take in the Luau...it is great and the food is spectacular.

Our march break starts on the 13th and hours are still the same- bummer. Oh well we plan on taking advantage of the late extra hours.

Yeah-Our starts the 10th this year-regular hours for us too.

Where can I find the extra hour park schedules?

The water parade has it's own schedule apart from the fireworks I think. I know that it is at WL at the same time every night unless it's cancelled because of the weather.

We've seen WISHES from Fantasyland, in front of the castle, end of Main street in front of the train station, from our balcony on the 7th floor of the Contemporary and from the beach at the Poly. Every place is a different show. From the contemporary and the poly you see a lot more of the shapes that the fireworks make. You could try and see them from the poly one night but be sure you are close to a speaker so that you can hear the music.

Be forwarned that the water parade is a shortened version. Some of the boats were damaged during the hurricane last summer and when we were there in November there were only 4 or 6 of the boats operating. My DS aged 9, said it wasn't worth watching because it was missing this and that. I personally didn't even notice that stuff was missing, except the music didn't seem to go right with the different pictures. Maybe they have them all repaired and the full show will be up and running when you get there.

It looks like you get to take advantage of the longer hours because of the Easter weekend. It will be busy so you should try and take advantage of the Extra magic hours. You'll be amazed how much energy the kids can have that late at night. We've been to both MNSSHP and MVMCP with a toddler and she was the only one still awake on the boat back to our resort. Us adults on the other had were exhausted the next day and the kids didn't seem any worse for wear.

Have fun and remember it's all about the kids!!

Thank you all! It was exactly what I was looking for.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter