Check in Tomorrow cannot go???

NJDVCmember

Mouseketeer
Hi my sister in law and family suppose to check into Broadwalk tomorrow.
She is sick and not go (not covid)

Looking for fast answer while on hold with Disney.

What happens to my points? Holding account?

Thank you!!!!!

Thank you!!!!!
If you cancel now, your points will go into holding.

is there a medical allowance other than covid
Not officially. You might get lucky with a sympathetic CM supervisor who has the ability to restore points without holding but if a "medical allowance" were the rule rather than the exception, there would be a lot of false claims for injury or illness.

Thank You!!!! On hold with Disney! I guess travel insurance isn't a bad thing!
There have been multiple recent reports of points taken out of holding as well as not being put into holding, so pixiedust: pixiedust: pixiedust: that your points were kept out of holding too.

You could also rent out the reservation to a renter (do a name change).
Kind of difficult to do (advertise, find renter, sign contract, get payment, change name on reservation) when the checkin is tomorrow.

Kind of difficult to do (advertise, find renter, sign contract, get payment, change name on reservation) when the checkin is tomorrow.

Not really. I book day before bookings all the time. There's FB groups and things go FAST. There are always people posting looking for last minute reservations.

Not really. I book day before bookings all the time. There's FB groups and things go FAST. There are always people posting looking for last minute reservations.
OK, I'll keep that in mind. For an owner renting for the first time, it wouldn't be my choice to do, though.

OK, I'll keep that in mind. For an owner renting for the first time, it wouldn't be my choice to do, though.

If you've never done it it definitely could be stressful. But there are options out there to recoup something as a last resort. Usually when people post a last minute reservation (As long as it's a fairly good deal) I'm not fast enough to get it.

Thank you!!!!!
I hope it works out.
I had to cancel on Saturday for a trip that began on Saturday due to ER visit, trauma. Some points were able to be banked beyond my deadline. I have March UY, what I can’t use of the roughly 80 will be lost. Slim pickens this month, but I was able to use all but two if I am well enough to travel.
For whatever reason the points were not put in holding, but it really doesn’t matter, March 1, they are gone.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter