• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in times

MCB

Earning My Ears
My friends are cruising this week. they have quick question. If they have a 10:45 check in, what time are they aloud onto the ship? Or is it better to have later check in time around 1:00?

Thanks for your help

The earlier the better! They board you in order of your check in. Past few cruises we've been on, they started boarding at around 11:40ish. If you're in the first check in time, you are usually on the ship by 11:45. Port day is one of your cruise days. Take full advantage of your time. Sooner the better :)

Boarding begins anywhere between 11:15 (new reports based on the new arrival times) and 11:45 (when they historically began boarding). So if your friends would like to be on board the ship early, than an early port arrival time is better. (When they arrive at the terminal, they are given a boarding number based on their Port Arrival Time. The earlier the PAT, the lower the number.) If they aren't planning to arrive until the crowds clear out, then they can select a later arrival time. Usually by 12:30/1:00, they have called open boarding and boarding numbers are irrelevant.

My friends are cruising this week. they have quick question. If they have a 10:45 check in, what time are they aloud onto the ship? Or is it better to have later check in time around 1:00?

Thanks for your help

Just to clarify, the 10:45am is not their "check-in time" but a Port Arrival Time (PAT) -- this is the time DCL expects them to arrive at the port, actually within a window of 10:45-11:00am. They may arrive later. If earlier, they may or may not be denied entry to the terminal building -- no reports yet with these new times. Probably not since the new earlier/shorter windows, but the possibility exists.

After going through security, they will proceed to check-in at the terminal. That is where they will receive their boarding number -- this is directly tied to the PAT. So earlier PAT = lower boarding number.

As other posters have indicated, boarding may begin sometime between 11:15-11:45. The terminal tends to get crowded until this initial rush of passengers is boarded. If your friends prefer a less crowded terminal, arriving at the terminal after 12:15 or so would likely get them onboard with minimal wait.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter