• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

check in/ rental shuttle at port question

sdjen

DIS Veteran
I have a question about the car rental shuttles that run to the port. I have read on several posts about how to drop off the luggage at the port and then return the rental car and ride the shuttle back. In these cases, someone drops off the other people in the party with the luggage.

Here is my question. I will be traveling with only my 5 year old dd. Can i drop off our luggage with the porters and then both of us go drop off the car? What I am basically asking is if we can drop off our luggage, not stay with it and then check in when we get dropped off from the car rental shuttle? Is that allowed?

If that wouldnt work, i think i might take a taxi instead. Does anyone know how much a taxi from the Radisson or Country inn and suites to the port would cost?
Thanks in advance for any advice.

when you drop off the luggage at the port the porters take your luggage so you won't see it again until you get on the ship and it's placed outside the door of your stateroom. So I would say yes you can go drop off your luggage and then take the car back then ride the shuttle with your 5 year old with you.

Thanks for the info. i was worried that it would be like the airport where you cannot leave your bags. Good to know that might work for us.

no worries. The porters are right there on the curb just waiting for people to pull up so they can take their luggage. You won't even have to turn the car off or have the child get out. They are so close and there are many of them that will be happy to help you!! Bring a few extra dollars to tip them if you'd like also!! HAVE FUN

Frankly, after you drop your luggage with the porters, they don't know where you go in that car. You can go to the parking lot....you can go to return the rental car (and you're smart to do it that way with a 5 year old...much easier than getting the bags out at the rental place and onto the shuttle!)...you can go to McDonald's, etc.

So, no worries!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter