Check-in Question ?

TwoAtDisney

Julie
Can one intern get 2 cars thru the gate to checkin?

There will be grandparents in one car, mother & intern in other car. Just in case gparents need to leave, if it takes forever.

If gparents leave or don't go to checkin area, how do they get thru security at the intern's assigned apartment complex to meet back up with intern?

Gparents may want to consider staying back at the hotel and sip cocktails by the pool while you check in.

Really not a lot for family to do and you can't leave them unaccompanied in your apt.

check in day is pretty hectic and parking is pretty limited. you may want to email the housing people to see if this is OK.

I agree with the other poster. Besides all of that, check-in day is really about the participant filling out paperwork, getting fingerprinted, finding out their location, and all that. It takes a long time - like several hours to do all of this. My dad called me because he was worried about me being gone so long lol.

After we checked into housing, I can't remember when but I feel like it wasn't long after we got through that line, that we were bused off to casting where we waited again. (That involves being separate from parents for a while.) There is a cute waiting area for parents with a booklet of info and some opportunities for them to do stuff but I imagine it was pretty boring for my dad since I was gone for so long.

HOWEVER; things are probably different now that I think they pick housing online with DORMS. When I did my program last spring, we had to wait in line to get our housing assignment. So maybe they just go straight to casting now.

If gparents leave or don't go to checkin area, how do they get thru security at the intern's assigned apartment complex to meet back up with intern?

Intern needs to go to the security gate with their housing ID and check gparents (who need photo IDs) in with security

I had my parents drop me off, then come pick me up after casting. There's really nothing for parents to do at check-in. My parents originally planned to stay, but were stuck sitting outside in the FL heat, so they decided to leave. We did have two cars, and when we went to unpack at my apartment, they were in the car behind me. I informed the security guard and he just had me sign both parents in (they needed to show their IDs) and then he flagged both cars through. I actually did that a number of times during my CP, and it was never an issue.

Seriously though, I agree with the previous posters who thing the gparents should hang back at the hotel and meet up with you later. I hope this helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter