Check-in Online or at Desk?

Kim91

DISNEY NERD
Hi guys,

We can check-in online for our Disneymoon soon, staying at GF. Years ago as you all know, before online check-in was available we checked in at the desk and were asked if we wanted our room cards non-chargeable or chargeable.

Last year we checked in online and Disney took our credit card details obviously for damage and/or if we didn't turn up for your meals however we actually had problems with our dining plan and tips with our magic band being used for payments when we didn't want too as we rather left cash for drinks and tips :)

Can we just check-in at the desk like old times and choose if we want our bands chargeable or not? To save he hassle or going to reception everyday to sort out our so called cheques.

Thank you

Yes you can check in at the front desk and set your charging privileges.

:earsboy: Bill

You can still check in online and then stop by the desk and have them check your bands.

You can still check in online and then stop by the desk and have them check your bands.
That's good to know. I want to stop at the desk, despite doing online check in, to get a map so I know where my room is AND to get a birthday button!

Sounds like you had similar problems with charging to your bands as we did the first time we did the pure online checkin. The checkin part was great because we were staying in a treehouse and went right to the treehouse rather than having to make a stop at the SSR front desk and then drive back to the Treehouse Villas. But it took a couple of days before our bands were sorted out. We made another trip to AKV in January though and they were sorted out---you have to check in at the desk at AKV regardless, but I had my band checked there and it was already set up fine. Hopefully they've ironed out the kinks.

Bruce

We've had lots of problems getting charging working on magic bands when we used advanced online check in... more often than not, and it's been this way *for years*! >75% of the time, we are (eventually) told by the front desk, "No credit card from online check in was put in your reservation with the hotel," despite my showing them a hard-copy printout from online check in (which I've started bringing for just this purpose) with part of the credit card number clearly visible on it.

Several times it has taken multiple trips back to the front desk to get it to work, despite being told, "it is all set now." The record is four return trips at the BCV, the last two to the front desk manager. So, upon arrival we now attempt a magic band charge right at the resort shop to make sure it's really set up correctly--a bottle of water, pin, candy bar... anything to prove/disprove it is working. It's a lot quicker to do round trips between the front desk and the resort shop until it really works than when you are out in the park.

This isn't rocket science, too bad Disney can't get their stuff together... I can understand/accept the occasional glitch, but as I said above, it's been this way for years. not a pleasant way to start a vacation.

We had to do the same thing. We did online had everything setup PINS and all. Went to the giftshop when we got there to buy a candy bar to test it. Didn't work. Went to front desk they said I didn't have a card on file even though I knew I had it all setup before. Go and test it again nope still didn't work. The had my available balance set to $0 they reset that and everything worked for the rest of the trip. Am I glad I did the tests at the hotel because I lock up my wallet and take the bare minimum with me to the parks. I will test my bands at the hotel gift shop every time now. Purchase something small for cash and also purchase a snack credit to make sure both things are working. I think this is why some people have trouble for days. Day one go to park doesn't work. Go back to hotel at night to get card on file. Day two still doesn't work go back to hotel to have them change their available balance from $0 to the limit of hotel. Day 3 starts to work correctly. Don't put yourself through this pain test before you go to the parks.

Last year we checked in online and Disney took our credit card details obviously for damage and/or if we didn't turn up for your meals however we actually had problems with our dining plan and tips with our magic band being used for payments when we didn't want too as we rather left cash for drinks and tips :)

They don't require a cc for possible damage. They would have had the cc info for missed reservations from when you made the reservations.

If you don't want charging you don't have to give a cc during online checkin.

Since we started going in 2010 we've done online checkin every stay but one (and we have split stays), and probably half the time we actually put a cc down online it doesn't make it through the system.

You can check in at desk. I prefer this as it allows you a bit more flexibility with room requests, and getting all the particulars worked out

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter