• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Check in early ?

provencio

Mouseketeer
I am about 45 days out and noticed on my Disney app I was offered to check in now. I still think its a bit early;however, it did bring a question to mind. We have two separate rooms booked, but rooms are linked on app. Is it best to wait until arrival to check in so we can request (I know it may not be met) rooms close together. Or would you recommend checking in on line, looking what rooms we were assigned and if not happy go to the check in upon arrival?

TIA!!!!

Online check in is just pre-registering some of information they would normally take at the front desk. You will not see your room number in the app until AFTER it has been cleaned and ready for occupancy on the day you check in.

I am about 45 days out and noticed on my Disney app I was offered to check in now. I still think its a bit early;however, it did bring a question to mind. We have two separate rooms booked, but rooms are linked on app. Is it best to wait until arrival to check in so we can request (I know it may not be met) rooms close together. Or would you recommend checking in on line, looking what rooms we were assigned and if not happy go to the check in upon arrival?

TIA!!!!
I would suggest a combination of your two options. I would check in online in advance, make sure you have a room request to have the two reservations/rooms next/close to each other, but then also go to the front desk to check in since you have such a specialized request. You might need to use 'chat' or call to make the specific room request you need. The earlier you can get to the front desk, we have found they do at least have some options for changing rooms around. Later in the day once the rooms have been assigned and handed out, options are reduced. Hope it all works out well for you and these reservations!

Open a chat and asked for a traveling with number to be assigned on both reservations. That way the room assignors know you're traveling with each other and will try to place you near each other when they play tetris.

Open a chat and asked for a traveling with number to be assigned on both reservations. That way the room assignors know you're traveling with each other and will try to place you near each other when they play tetris.
Where would I open a chat.. sorry not to tech savy

Would checking in early make it more difficult to cancel later if required?
I’m going to guess no here, since as someone said, it really is just an entering of information and not really an actual check in. I wish they would call this something else as it is confusing this way. But Disney names of things are always confusing.
I would think regardless of whatever you did online check in or not,the cancellation terms are whatever the cancellation terms are based on what you have package or room reservation and the number of days out.

I’m going to guess no here, since as someone said, it really is just an entering of information and not really an actual check in. I wish they would call this something else as it is confusing this way. But Disney names of things are always confusing.
I would think regardless of whatever you did online check in or not,the cancellation terms are whatever the cancellation terms are based on what you have package or room reservation and the number of days out.

Thank you! I just wanted to get room requests in early but in case I found a better rate or was able to get Free Dining (a girl can dream!) then I want to be able to cancel. Although I dont know that room requests for August will be a big priority for them now haha

Disney apparently defines 'on-line check in' differently then other places I have stayed. At most other hotels, you can only 'check in' the day of your reservation and/or when you are actually on the property. Disney lets you do it months in advance, so I agree as someone else said it more like 'pre-registering'.

Thank you! I just wanted to get room requests in early but in case I found a better rate or was able to get Free Dining (a girl can dream!) then I want to be able to cancel. Although I dont know that room requests for August will be a big priority for them now haha

Instead (or in addition) to online check-in for requests, even though Disney is a long on hold phone call, if you have a room request you really should call and have them add it to your reservation. You can also say more specific things here or different choices, as sometimes the online options are not exactly what your trying to say. I just put my phone on speaker while I’m cooking or something in the kitchen for the long wait.
Of course, oftentimes I’ve never gotten my requests, so bear that in mind.
Another time I got nothing near my request, but on inquiring at the desk day of, was able to at least get them to change to the building I had requested, so I have no idea why I did not get it originally. My only guess is that because I made too many specific requests, they tried to fill a different part of the request when they could not fill the whole request.
The moral here is focus on what’s important and don’t be afraid to ask if you find day of it’s not quite, the worst that can happen is they say No and then so be it, accept, embrace and enjoy.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter