Check-in Changing to Tiered Castaway Club Status?

For my September reservation it is showing me as Pearl status and on-line check-in is available 40 days before the sailing however the activity booking is still showing as 120 days out. Hopefully that gets taken care of in the next couple of days.

We are Platinum and for our upcoming sailings it shows us at 30 days for online check in and 120 days for activities. With Pearl going to 40 days, I wonder if Platinum will also change to have an advantage over Gold/Silver and first-timers? Hard to know for sure how they will do the rest of the CC status' or just do it only for Pearl.

I have a feeling this is going to be a just Pearl benefit. Everyone else at 30 days. I could be wrong but if not I would imagine they would have rolled out tiered check in for all with the 40 day announcement.

ETA- obviously I was wrong. Not that I necessarily think the new tiered check in is a bad thing and I’m saying that to someone who’s only gold and is pretty far away from platinum.

Last edited:
Someone posted in one of my cruise FB groups that everyone has a different checkin window starting this week.
Pearl 40 days
Platinum 38 days
Gold 35 days
Silver 33 days
First time cruisers 30 days

This is great news. Maybe checking in at midnight won’t be the train wreck it has been for the past 1.5 years.

Recognition of Pearl status is scheduled to start tomorrow, May 1; and we were previously left with some unknowns (IIRC). Maybe info release just started a day early.

I’m not mad about this, but has anyone actually confirm this besides a Facebook post?
The info (referenced in the original post) was from a website run by now-Pearl CC cruiser. Those screen shots are from the DCL CC page under his name. And nothing he posted seems out of line with what Disney has announced to date - just a few more details released.

He shows the check-in date comparison between Pearl and platinum cruisers for the same date sailing.

Staggered check-in dates are not listed on the CC benefit list - but were in place before Covid protocols were implemented. Sounds like another step to returning some aspects we had grown to expect.

I haven't heard of any platinum cruisers sharing a different check in date, nor any other tier other than pearl. Could it happen? Sure. Would this staggering help? Possibly but obviously there will be midnight groups overlapping with other sailings so the website might still have the usual issues.

I haven't heard of any platinum cruisers sharing a different check in date, nor any other tier other than pearl. Could it happen? Sure. Would this staggering help? Possibly but obviously there will be midnight groups overlapping with other sailings so the website might still have the usual issues.
I had a very similar thought - more days for each cruise of the computer being overwhelmed at midnight!

When will they run system updates and maintenance? (they probably should just move it to evening after the representatives quit answering the phones.

Someone posted in one of my cruise FB groups that everyone has a different checkin window starting this week.
Pearl 40 days
Platinum 38 days
Gold 35 days
Silver 33 days
First time cruisers 30 days

This is great news. Maybe checking in at midnight won’t be the train wreck it has been for the past 1.5 years.
I have Gold status and I just checked my cruise. My check-in date hasn't changed. It's still 30 days. Maybe they're just slowly updating cruises.

I’m curious how soon this will kick in and if we will see other groups with earlier check in soon. My check in for our Alaska cruise will be next Friday - if this takes effect immediately, pearl cruisers on our sailing could check in early this week.

Again what is the benefit of checking in before others? PAT times only right?

I believe they are starting to update things. I am Platinum and checked maybe an hour ago and still saw check-in at 30 days for a sailing in June. I just checked again and it shows 38 days.

I have a sailing in October that is in Concierge and another in July next year and both of those still reflect check in is 30 days prior to sailing.

It seems like they may be updating things at the cruise level rather than the updates automatically applying to all sailings for the Castaway Club member. The exception might be for Pearl since there are likely announcements for that today.

I have a June cruise which now shows check in at 38 days (as we are Platinum) and an August cruise which still shows 30 days so I am guessing they are working through it.

Now my question - my next check in happens while I will be on the Magic next week? How can I check in online ? Do I have to purchase an internet package to make this happen or is there some other way to do this? Thanks in advance.

I have a June cruise which now shows check in at 38 days (as we are Platinum) and an August cruise which still shows 30 days so I am guessing they are working through it.

Now my question - my next check in happens while I will be on the Magic next week? How can I check in online ? Do I have to purchase an internet package to make this happen or is there some other way to do this? Thanks in advance.
If they still offer the free (small) amount of WiFi - with sign up only on Boarding Day, get the entire family to sign up.

Then do the express check-in, where you say you are driving and paying cash, to get to PAT selection. You might be able to get it all done with the free package, even if you have to do tag team entries.

That’s good, as all my cruises show as 30 days still. I have a September, October & December, so if they’re going in date order hopefully they’ll update soon.

That’s good, as all my cruises show as 30 days still. I have a September, October & December, so if they’re going in date order hopefully they’ll update soon.
Yes my august cruise still shows 30 days...so I assume they are going in order which would make sense

Is this all about what PAT you get? Is that the big advantage to doing it a few days earlier? If you're Concierge or Pearl or on a DCL bus PAT doesn't really matter does it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter