check in and magic band

goochy18

Mouseketeer
check in next Friday oct 9 and i have a few questions on these magic bands. any help would be greatly appreciated.

My best friend and her bf are booked at YC but now her bf cannot go. I'm going instead for a girls trip. They already got their magic bands in the mail but I do not have one.

Can I just use his magic band at check in or do we need to change the reservations and how would I get a magic band of my own?

Our planes arrive at different so can she check in for both us and get both bands activated? Or will I need to "check in" when I arrive?

Sorry if any of these questions sound silly - we have just never used them yet and don't know.

I would just let her check in and have you use his magicband. You might incur a change fee if you make changes now. I had the same thing happen on a trip where one person couldn't go at the last minute. They told us it would be a $50 change fee to switch names, so our new person just went and used the other person's room key/ticket. (before magic bands)

One person listed on the room does the checkin process (if in fact you guys do need to do that). It's no problem for her to take care of it and just wait for you to arrive.

I think you'll need to be added to the reservation to use magical express (if you want to). That wouldn't affect the MB, but I thought it was worth mentioning

Thank you @Sandi for mentioning ME. I hadn't thought of that. Ok so she can check in and get the bands activated with no trouble then, correct? then that sounds like the best way to handle it.

Thank you @bumbershoot and @CraftyMommy for your info as well!

Thank you @Sandi for mentioning ME. I hadn't thought of that. Ok so she can check in and get the bands activated with no trouble then, correct? then that sounds like the best way to handle it.

Thank you @bumbershoot and @CraftyMommy for your info as well!
You can use his magic band. When you get to the airport and head to Magical Express they might ask for your Magic band. It will be fine if you don't have it, most people get there and are not prepared and the magic band is in the luggage or something so you can just give them your reservation number I think.

I would just let her check in and have you use his magicband. You might incur a change fee if you make changes now. I had the same thing happen on a trip where one person couldn't go at the last minute. They told us it would be a $50 change fee to switch names, so our new person just went and used the other person's room key/ticket. (before magic bands)
They charge you $50 just to change a name?!? Seriously? I can understand if you're upgrading rooms, or changing dates, or adding someone, but just switching your roommate from one person's name to another--I think I would just not tell them and use the other person's magic band rather than pay the crazy $50. It probably takes someone 1 minute to make this change--if the reservations folks are making $50 a minute or $3,000 an hour--I'm surprised that Disney isn't more expensive that it is. That's just ridiculous.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter