• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cheating in quest?

Foxdye

Earning My Ears
ok what does yavn mean by cheating? hes happy that we worked together and angry cus we made teams?

how could anyone use any other programs or hacks to win this quest and other then the code generators has anything else happened

ok what does yavn mean by cheating? hes happy that we worked together and angry cus we made teams?

how could anyone use any other programs or hacks to win this quest and other then the code generators has anything else happened

I'm not sure but I think it's the ppl who finished the quest in an hour that are suspected of using hacking programs. Otherwise a 1 hour quest time was literally impossible. It took at least 30 minutes just to get into a lobby

I'm not sure but I think it's the ppl who finished the quest in an hour that are suspected of using hacking programs. Otherwise a 1 hour quest time was literally impossible. It took at least 30 minutes just to get into a lobby

Were there really people who finised in an hour?:confused3

It would have been easy to finish in an hour if you got right into a Pirates game, and didn't have to wait a long time in line. This might have been possible at various times over the weekend, like maybe late at night or first thing in the morning.

The rest of the quest - including Ghosts and JC - would have taken a half hour or so, if you already knew the answers (like, if you helped someone else through the quest already).

The pirate lobbies were not full on Monday morning, so a quicker time was possible for anybody that was here than. Just an FYI for you.

It would have been easy to finish in an hour if you got right into a Pirates game, and didn't have to wait a long time in line. This might have been possible at various times over the weekend, like maybe late at night or first thing in the morning.

The rest of the quest - including Ghosts and JC - would have taken a half hour or so, if you already knew the answers (like, if you helped someone else through the quest already).

Yep.

I would have had poolcue through in the last hour if I could have gotten some help in pirates. A pirates game takes what, about 6 minutes? Mansion is about 10 minutes. And for someone like me, I can do 45K in JC in about 10-11 minutes. So a half hour in games and another half hour doing the rest if you already knew the answers.

It might have been close, but it could have been done.

You will never have an official answer to how people cheated. Anything written will be total speculation unless one of the "hackers" themselves would like to tell their story.

You will never have an official answer to how people cheated. Anything written will be total speculation unless one of the "hackers" themselves would like to tell their story.

Memoirs of a VMK Hacker.

Yup, waiting for THAT book to come out!

Having seen and helped my wife finish in just over an hour, I can attest first-hand that there were no questionable methods used (for us, anyway - I have no clue about the others). And yes, it was a quest that was finished during a peak hour. It was actually fairly easy to finish in an hour, but that's because I'd already finished my quest - not in an hour lol - and had the answers on a Word document. Teamwork is fun and very easy when you're talking to the person four feet away. ;)
Were there really people who finised in an hour?:confused3
Yes.

Having seen and helped my wife finish in just over an hour, I can attest first-hand that there were no questionable methods used (for us, anyway - I have no clue about the others). And yes, it was a quest that was finished during a peak hour. It was actually fairly easy to finish in an hour, but that's because I'd already finished my quest - not in an hour lol - and had the answers on a Word document. Teamwork is fun and very easy when you're talking to the person four feet away. ;)

Yes.

WOW!pirate:

Omg! I figured out how they cheat.id!!

They got their grandma to do potc, mansion, and jungle cruise for them!

Yes.

I can relate to asking my husband who is four feet away for help since he got to be in charge of the (Pen and paper) for our house. We play as a family we each have our own computer and our children share one. Thou I do wish I would have come closer to that little over one hour time like your wife.. But together we came in around 24 hours with our quest time, we (And one child) had made it all the way to Jungle Cruise by the end of day 1 and had to wait until open on Sunday to finish up. Then the process of getting our other two children through began. I do feel we would have had much better times however every time we formed a group we tried our best to get all past POTC in our group.

I am not sure what they mean by cheating... I wonder if they ever considered the fact that families play together or that people actually used the pin and paper like they suggested. We even printed out that story and had each person take turns reading the paragraphs. :rolleyes:

Well once you had one family member through the pen and paper would be handy :) And family bonding as you would say out loud does anyone know where this is and many would shout back the answers.

No cheating there just good old family bonding and togetherness.

I think trying to get your whole family through was an even bigger challenge and actually more pressure. If we felt bad that a team mate was not getting past 575 then how would a mother and father feel as some of the kids did and others were struggling. Just gut wrenching I am sure.

I can relate to asking my husband who is four feet away for help since he got to be in charge of the (Pen and paper) for our house. We play as a family we each have our own computer and our children share one. Thou I do wish I would have come closer to that little over one hour time like your wife.. But together we came in around 24 hours with our quest time, we (And one child) had made it all the way to Jungle Cruise by the end of day 1 and had to wait until open on Sunday to finish up. Then the process of getting our other two children through began. I do feel we would have had much better times however every time we formed a group we tried our best to get all past POTC in our group.

I am not sure what they mean by cheating... I wonder if they ever considered the fact that families play together or that people actually used the pin and paper like they suggested. We even printed out that story and had each person take turns reading the paragraphs. :rolleyes:

I know Charstar I was in your group, But in the new newsletter yavn said he was happy about everyone working together in pirates. So I dont really know what they mean by cheating either, besides using programs.

heh, Sorry I didnt mean to amuse so many people, let me share something from VMK's past.

The original fireworks, before re-mixed, out of the clear blue, had some unbelievable scores. In fact the best fireworks players pointed out that they calculated the highest possible scores and these were beyond possibility.

So it became obvious that someone was cheating somehow.

Later it became known, still heresay but sounds logical, that someone "hacked" or whatever more suitable word you can apply into the game code and tricked it into playing stage 5 level 3 for EVERY single level. So it was simple to make a simply unbelievable score!

They apparently bragged later, and this is how we found out, of course they could have been lieing, we will just never know.

So for once I was serious when I wrote we will never know. VMK surely isnt going to acknowledge or tell us what happened. Simple rule really, you don't tell people "how" to exploit the system :rotfl:

I just read Yavn Says and I was wondering when he said, "if you didn't download it from VMK.com, don't use it with VMK!", does that include VMK Pal? I know it's not a hacking program or anything, but I would just like to make sure that they don't consider me cheating.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

I just read Yavn Says and I was wondering when he said, "if you didn't download it from VMK.com, don't use it with VMK!", does that include VMK Pal? I know it's not a hacking program or anything, but I would just like to make sure that they don't consider me cheating.

:confused3 :confused3 :confused3

WHEN THEY HAD A "ASK A HOST A QUESTION DAY" I asked (i forget who) and they said it was NOT recommended because it was not a disney product but you would NOT get banned for using it. hope this helps

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter