• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Cheapest website for heartworm meds?

i buy from 1800pet meds and then do a websearch for the same product and if there is a lower price just email 1800 and they will price match, just let them know the website and price. Never had a problem w/ this. My dog requires a shot that is 180 a month and I find it elsewhere for 158 and they always price match and shipping is really fast, and free!

i buy from 1800pet meds and then do a websearch for the same product and if there is a lower price just email 1800 and they will price match, just let them know the website and price. Never had a problem w/ this. My dog requires a shot that is 180 a month and I find it elsewhere for 158 and they always price match and shipping is really fast, and free!
You can also call them and they will match it also. All you have to do is go to google.com and type in what you want and then go to shopping to see what the lowest price is.

I've always used petsuppliesnet.com. Been using this site for about 5 years. Only problem is delivery time averages about 3 weeks

I use Doctors Foster and Smith. They are always sending me coupons, and then their prices end up being better than 1800 pet meds for the ones I buy.

equine megastore. They're in Australia, require no prescription, shipping is about $6 if they're not having a promotion. They sell a lot of the same brands that US vets do, plus some generic ones that are cheaper. I've never had a problem and have used them for years.

A friend of mine, who is a vet, said to watch ordering from other countries. The products may look the same but other countries don't control their meds like we do so you never know what other fillers you are getting and they may not work. I didn't believe her and ordered from Australia for about 2 years. After 18 months of my cat steadily being on anti-flea and tick medicine, we started a new batch of the same medicine and he started getting fleas and ticks. The medicine they had sent us wasn't working, just like my friend warned me.

Now I spend the extra money and order from 1800 Pet Meds. No problems with fleas or ticks since.

Our vet matches the prices of the online places. Check to see if your vet does too.

For flea and tick medications, there are lots of places on-line. 1-800 pet meds I hear a lot.

For heart medications, we have found that it is cheapest at our local pet adoption place (not the city animal shelter). It was 17 dollars for a 6 month supply and the cheapest I found on-line was $22. (The same place is too high for flea and tick meds.)

Just another idea.

A friend of mine, who is a vet, said to watch ordering from other countries. The products may look the same but other countries don't control their meds like we do so you never know what other fillers you are getting and they may not work. I didn't believe her and ordered from Australia for about 2 years. After 18 months of my cat steadily being on anti-flea and tick medicine, we started a new batch of the same medicine and he started getting fleas and ticks. The medicine they had sent us wasn't working, just like my friend warned me.

Now I spend the extra money and order from 1800 Pet Meds. No problems with fleas or ticks since.

I've heard that before also. Luckily, we've never had a problem with any of the stuff. I try to stick with brands that were actually made in the USA. I've compared the ingredients to packs from the vet and they've always matched. I switched to the Australian company because after paying for heart worm testing, I couldn't afford the pills!

The problems go beyond just the possibility of counterfeit or foreign product. No product is 100% effective. Companies like Pfizer (Revolution), Virbac (Iverhart) and Merial (Heartgard) only provide guarantee of their product if purchased from an approved source (Veterianary Clinics Only!). I see many heartworm preventative failures each year and if the client has purchased the product from me I provide documentation and the above companies have always provided whatever treatment I think is appropriate free of charge. The client does nothing, I deal with the reps and take care of everything. I often see positive heartworm tests and the owners get upset saying they have purchased product elsewhere. There is nothing I can do for these people they have to deal directly with the company they purchased from to recieve compensation. Treatment can cost upwards of $1000 depending on the size of the dog and most people in this situation have reported that the "pet pharmacy" instructed them to pay up front and they would reimburse "reasonable cost of treatment." I have also heard reports of clients being told they were out of luck and to contact the manufacturer directly, they were not even willing to provide purchase records.

I get my Frontline Plus and other pet supplies from Entirelypets.com Also check Amazon.com thats where I originally found Entirelypets. You can find coupons for Entirelypets, too.

Heartworm pills we get from our vet - I have a boxer about 80 lbs - a box of six was $45. Not sure if pricing is good/average, etc.

We buy the 6 pack of frontline plus from drugstore.com. I wait for no shipping fee and it costs about $75.

My Vets prices are only a couple of dollars off the online prices. I would rather stimulate my local economy for what little savings I would see.

My vet charges at least $10 - 15 more than the on-line retailers and they stopped price matching about 2 years ago, so to buy the meds for 2 dogs, it simply doesn't make sense to buy them from the vet in my case.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter