Cheapest trip??

Mickey28

Mouseketeer
What is the cheapest trip you have ever taken to WDW while staying on property and for more than a weekend?
Come on penny pinchers I want to hear your best stories.

I would love to hear what the cheapest trip is as well. I know what I'm paying and it not that cheap thats for sure.

My ex-husband and I drove to WDW from North Carolina once, about 10 years ago. We didn't have much for the vacation at that point, so we stayed at the campground for something like $30 a night. We still spent money on the tickets and food, but it's hard to find a cheaper stay than $30 a night!

On the other hand, it was pretty damp and sweaty in the tent at night, and after walking all day at the parks, the last thing you want to do is try to sleep on an air mattress! If you had an RV, that would probably be a better choice (although probably not as cheap)!

...just booked a flight from Detroit to Orlando..roundtrip..12/4 to 12/7...airfare $33....room at Pop Century...$300...but got $50 off by applying for credit card....bought a 10 day pass back in Feb...worked out to $30 a day...have points off Disney credit card...paid for the MVMCP..with some left over for meals....not to bad huh

It may not be the cheapest way to go, but I think that renting points from a DVC member and going during the week is the best deal. The DVC properties are beautiful.
If you are willing to stay off property, you will stay the cheapest. I'm one of the crazy people who is willing to pay more to stay on property!(...well come to think of it...lots and lots of people are crazy like me!)
Goodluck!

$1000 for 8 days in the all-star for 2 including meals and airfare.

Last January, dh, me & two children went for 11 days, stayed at pop century. Spent 6 days in the parks, did one character meal, did the family magic tour and took the auto train (so we had our car with us) for 1800

Sept. 2005 DH and I stayed at POP for 5 nights during free dining and used miles to fly. We had 4 day tickets. I don't remember the exact cost but it was close to 850$ - and we had a great time!

:cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

July 2006
6 people (2 adults+4 kids)
4 nights at the Polynesian (MK View)
Park Hoppers for the duration
Airfare

$1500

(I left out a detail. I won a contest. $1000 for taxes+$500 airfare for 2 kids)

My cheapest trip was in 2005. My husband bought plane tickets for me, my son, and my sister during a seat sale for only $1,200.Now you'll have to forgive me because I don't remember exactly but for our room at Pop and our 7 day park hoppers we got a Canadian at par special which saved us alot of money due to the exchange rate being alot higher then.

Seralago Hotel in Kissimmee is cheap - I've spent a few 1-night trips there. For about $50 a night, it's only about 5-10 minutes from the parks. Of course, you don't get Disney transportation/amenities (although they do have shuttles to the parks), but it's still a very cheap hotel - but quality. And the rooms are huge. I highly recommend it.

Also, Earl of Sandwich in DTD will save you a few bucks for a lunch or dinner - under $5.00 for a good-size sandwich or salad. And it's GOOD.

Also, it's a small thing, but will help save a few $$$'s - bring your own water bottle and re-fill them at the drinking fountains at the different parks, instead of spending $2.00 per water every time you buy a new one.

Myself, DS, a friend of mine and her DS. Non-stop air from Chicago, one night POP, 6 nights OKW, 8 day park hopper and the dining plan. $2500
I didn't think that was too bad

Won a trip through McDonald's. Airfare, hotel (Grand Floridian) and 4 day passes for free.

I added on a guest though and that made it not so free, but had that person stayed home, it would have been completely free.

The initial base cost of our recent vacation was $886 for 6 nights/5 days including 6 day park tickets for DH, me and DS4 ($355 per adult and $176 per child for up to 2 children). That was the deal Disney Visa had back in August for the value resorts and we grabbed it.

However, we added two additional nights, added the DDP and dropped our base park tickets down to 5 days (we had planned an off site park for one day). We used our reward dollars to get one of those nights free and about $19 off the last night (what was left of our reward dollars). After all was said and done, our trip was $1,480. The DDP (at $712 for all of us) is what drove it up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter