Cheapest transport from airport to WDW for two?

jenjersnap

yadda yadda yadda
I thought it would be a breeze figuring this out and wouldn't be too costly since it didn't seem like the airport and WDW were that far apart in December when we rented a car. This time, however, it's just my 4-year-old and myself coming in February. We're not renting a car. We're not taking public transport though I know that is the absolute *cheapest* way to travel. The airport shuttle seems awfully pricey to me - about $50 each way for me and my small child?! Ouch. And taxi will be similar in price, I am guessing. Limo is going to be about $100, right? Am I missing any options? What would you do? Thanks for any ideas. Wish we were going in May so this problem would be non-existent!

I think Mears is $28 per person for adults, not sure about children, but that is for roundtrip.

That's probably your best best.

Good luck and have a great time!

jenjersnap said:
I thought it would be a breeze figuring this out and wouldn't be too costly since it didn't seem like the airport and WDW were that far apart in December when we rented a car. This time, however, it's just my 4-year-old and myself coming in February. We're not renting a car. We're not taking public transport though I know that is the absolute *cheapest* way to travel. The airport shuttle seems awfully pricey to me - about $50 each way for me and my small child?! Ouch. And taxi will be similar in price, I am guessing. Limo is going to be about $100, right? Am I missing any options? What would you do? Thanks for any ideas. Wish we were going in May so this problem would be non-existent!

When my wife and I go, we take the towncar, we use Tiffany's. it is around $95(both ways, not per person either). (that doesnt include tip). they pick us up at airport bring us to our resort, and they also pick us up to bring us to the airport from the resort when we go to leave.

Mears charges $21 for kids - that is how I arrived at my $50 number. I thought that was EACH WAY though - duh! A lot more reasonable for RT, certainly. I think I am leaning toward towncar though because our flight out leaves pretty early and I think the whole picking up and dropping off of customers could add a lot travel time. Is that generally true, that you need to allot much extra time to getting to the airport on time with Mears? Thanks for the input!

jenjersnap said:
...I think I am leaning toward towncar though because our flight out leaves pretty early and I think the whole picking up and dropping off of customers could add a lot travel time. Is that generally true, that you need to allot much extra time to getting to the airport on time with Mears? Thanks for the input!

You're absolutely right in this assumption. The shuttle services sometimes want to pick you up 4 hours before your flight! This is the main reason I started using towncar services. You should email several towncar services for a quote and see which is the most reasonable. I found MH Transportation (www.transportation2disney.com) to be the cheapest in my last trip. I tried FL Tours (who sponsor these threads) but they never answered me for a quote. HTH :flower1:

You know what? I went in October with just me and my DD4 and I rented a towncar. Althought it was a splurge (and I was on a super tight budget) I can not recommend it enough!

When we got off the escalator in the airport, our driver was there waiting for us. He got our luggage off the carousel, carried all our bags, loaded them into his car and unloaded them when I got to the hotel. He brought them right to the luggage service for me which was such a help since I was alone with my DD. She is realy well behaved but it is still nice to have free hands. I could not imagine having to drag all our bags around by myself (over packer here!!).

It was total luxury and it started our trip off on such a relaxing note. I really hope you consider splurging on a towncar. Tiffany was the company I used. I loved them!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter