Cheapest transfer Sanford- WDW?

Everything I have read says rent a car. A taxi or towncar is close to $100 each way.

Have you done a forum sesrch on "Sanford"? There should be old threads about it if you don't get enough info on this thread.

We rent a car. Its about $130 including taxes and fees to rent. Maybe $20 in tolls. $10 to fill back up with gas. Plus you have the ease of having a car with you on property.

I'd also like to say that's just for 3 days. It would probably be more depending on your length of stay.

Last edited:
Uber is a form of transportation company.....but each car is driven by it's owner. For instance, I could 'work' for Uber, undergo their background checks and get on their 'system'. You would then go online, onto the Uber app, and plug in where you want to go, where you are currently, and at what time. The app will match you with a driver who is in your area, who will then arrive to pick you up. It is cheaper than using a cab or car service.

What Allegiant transfer? I don't remember reading about anything when we flew Allegiant to Sanford in March.
When you use the Allegiant Air website to book you flight, first page is select flight, second page is Hotels, third page is called Getting Around and shows available car rental options. If you scroll down to the bottom of the car rental page, you will see the option for airport transfers. It's a little vague as to which resorts they will deliver you to, you may want to contact them to be sure they will take you to your particular resort... Orlando is a large sprawling city.
Round-trip Airport Shuttle Service to Orlando Area Resorts

You don't state when your going or for how long. But at $130 for Allegiant transfer, a rental would probably be cheaper for short stays.

We used the Allegiant option of transfer last year for the two of us, and we were transported in a small van to our Disney hotel, and then they picked us up right on time. There were 8 people on the van going to hotels, but only the two of us returning. Since we landed at 11pm, and were only staying a few days, it was worth it to not have to drive.

We have rented cars several times. I always check all of the rental car options, and try priceline and expedia too.

Another option, but may not be any cheaper, is one way from Sanford, turn car in at Car Center or Dolphin, then one way back.

It is not the cheapest but we use happy limo but we don't need a vehicle once on Disney property, no fuss and nobody has to worry about anything, no construction or route worries, no filling up the rental, no standing in lines, about $370 +tip with a stretch limo or $200+ tip with a towncar.

I know people have figured this out! lol!! Only 2 of us will be traveling. TIA!!!
We fly into Sanford tomorrow for a long weekend at WDW. I rented a car through carrentals.com, for $94 10/1-10/4. As there are only 2 of you, sounds like you won't need a large car. I just checked the rates for this coming weekend and for a Pay Now Special, there's an intermediate size car for $126.43. I always keep checking the site, as sometimes the rates drop for a short time. But, $126 isn't too bad.

Easiest not least expensive, through Allegiant is the shuttle.

If you want to read about Uber, there is great information on the link you were given, I am an Uber driver, but not this market. I use my car, submitted to local, state, and federal records check. My DL and the Child clearance done. My pictures shows up in the Ap, you download, and a description of my vehicle. This would be the least expensive. You can only have a newer car, must be kept clean, and you rate the driver and he can rate you as a passenger. The driver has to maintain above a 4.6 of 5 to have an active account. No tipping is necessary, a 5 start rating is appreciated.

The other option, I found a great deal in the "Last minute Deals" section of Alamo. At first I couldn't get the extra ID code in, but hit the edit, and or the back prompt to show where I could put in a code for an additional $30 off. I can't recall the code, it is on the October rental car thread this forum. I think it is a visa code, but there are many listed on the last page.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter