• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

cheapest times of year to book

married2mm

DIS Veteran
So,we have stayed values,mods and deluxe.

I found them all to be great,in their own different ways.

Looking ahead,to when we're not confined to school times,when is the cheapest time of year to stay onsite?
Do all levels of accommodation drop their prices at the same time? :goodvibes

Not all resorts drop their rates at the same time, but they're pretty close. Rates tend to be at their cheapest at the slowest times of the year, i.e. between Thanksgiving and Christmas and any other time school is in. Beware though, Disney knows this and tries to plan events that will bring more guests to the resort, and thus, justify raising their rates again.

I just came back from Marathon Weekend, and the rates were pretty similar than what they would be over the summer. Having said that, the weeks between Thanksgiving and Christmas are usually pretty quiet and you have the added bonus of seeing all of WDW decorated for the holidays!

Hi @married2mm,
There are two sets of official "value season" dates when all WDW resort hotels will offer their least expensive rack rate. The dates for this year are Jan. 13-Feb. 13 (excluding Martin Luther King weekend) and Aug. 18-Sept. 26.

Here is a link to the rates and seasons, listed by resort choice.
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/disney-rates-2013.htm

Mousesavers.com also has a helpful and clear chart showing seasonal rates, by resort hotel, here:
http://www.mousesavers.com/2013-walt-disney-world-resort-room-rates-season-dates/

So,we have stayed values,mods and deluxe.
I found them all to be great,in their own different ways.

Since you have stayed at all 3 types, if you were going to do a solo trip which do you think you would stay at? I have only been to POR, WL, AKL and FW cabins. thanks! Sorry for adding to your thread.

Since you have stayed at all 3 types, if you were going to do a solo trip which do you think you would stay at? I have only been to POR, WL, AKL and FW cabins. thanks! Sorry for adding to your thread.

Hi,no probs adding to thread-the more the merrier!

If I were to have a solo trip,I would stay at pop.
I like the theming,the food court and the fact you don't share buses.
If you were planning a lot of time at the parks,I see no reason to pay the huge price increases for mod/deluxe.
However,if you wanted to pamper yourself,and money was unlimited-id go with the grand Floridian.:)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter