CHEAPEST tickets REALLY??

sanp71

Earning My Ears
Where are they ? There are so many places selling tix, Im getting coonfused?
I am NOT a FL resident and I am a AAA member. Any ideas?
Im looking for 3 day base tix 3 adults 1 child.:

Sandy

If you haven't already - sign up for Mousesavers Monthly Newsletter. They seem to get the best prices via Undercover Tourist (to me anyway) but you have to follow the special link in the newsletter to get those prices. Tho with it being only a 3day ticket... thoses tend to get free days added in vs a price discount.

If any member of your party is or has been military - check out the web for military discounts, or at least tax free tickets at Shades of Green:cutie:

Have you heard of mousesavers.com? I often order tickets through the special newsletter link to UnderCover Tourist. You will need to sign up for the newsletter which arrives on the 15th of each month.

Undercover Tourist includes the price of tax in their prices -- be careful of this, because some places don't add in the tax until the end and their prices appear cheaper when they're not.

As for AAA, here in CT your best bet is to contact the office and see what's available. They don't have a full range, and I most often hear about 4-day park hoppers.

I've ordered from undercover tourist before, through the mousesavers newsletter--not sure if they are still the cheapest. I think if you get three days they may add a few days FREE so basically there is little difference between 3 and 6 or 7 days. Good service and shipping was free.

I just checked AAA's site and their prices look about the same (Every site I look at is about $230 for the tix I want) As previous poster stated, it comes down to the TAX. I can't find if AAA's price includes tax (but they charge $5 shipping). They do now offer all tix (base, hoppers, etc) --online anyway.

I agree with the previous posters the Undercover Tourist link through Mousesavers.com. Their prices include tax and shipping as long as you don't need it expressed. I have always had my tickets within a week but they want you to order earlier than that.

Actually, for DVC members, the cheapest ticket is the annual pass. With $100 off per person, you can get a minimum of 2 trips by skewing the dates a week and having unlimited access to the parks during both stays. We used the APs before the discount and thought it was a good deal then, but now it's even better.:thumbsup2

agree with Diane - dispite having a 10 day ticket - still getting an annual pass - that say won't get a new one until next dec.

that say these are also popular - check them ALL including AAA

www.aaa.com
www.ticketmania.com
www.mapleleaftickets.com
http://www.wdwinfo.com/wdwinfo/tickets.htm

and thru
www.mousesavers.com - sign up for her email - the email with the discounts is generally send out on the 15th of the month. so you won't get one until next month.

look at them ALL - who is cheapest can change.

don't fall for the buy 3 days get 6 - you are paying for a 6 day pass not a 3/4/5 day one.

here are a few more that I haven't tried
http://www.orlandoticketsales.com/oi/Walt_Disney_World_C65.cfm?UserID=922777
http://www.greatorlandodiscounts.com/
http://www.orlandofuntickets.com/

Agreeing with Diane & SpicyCat - now that you're DVC, consider your plan for visiting. Will you visit multiple times per year? If you go once per year, can you buy a DVC AP, and arrange your yearly visit so both fit into the same 12 months so your passes still haven't expired? (In general an AP makes sense if visiting parks 10+ days out of the year.)

Now to complicate - I've read stories and theories that you can buy a 6 day pass through the newsletter link to mousesavers, grab that discount and then upgrading the tickets to the DVC AP at the window to the park (but only do so after using the passes once & before all the days are used) - double discounts in theory... I'll admit I'm still skeptical and curious as to how that works, but if it does, you can save another $100 for a family of 4 by doing this. Worst case would be Disney says you can't upgrade to the AP at all. I don't see that happening as they make their money off of us being in the parks buying stuff we really don't need :laughing: & the more we're in there, the more we spend.

Now to complicate - I've read stories and theories that you can buy a 6 day pass through the newsletter link to mousesavers, grab that discount and then upgrading the tickets to the DVC AP at the window to the park (but only do so after using the passes once & before all the days are used) - double discounts in theory... I'll admit I'm still skeptical and curious as to how that works, but if it does, you can save another $100 for a family of 4 by doing this. Worst case would be Disney says you can't upgrade to the AP at all. I don't see that happening as they make their money off of us being in the parks buying stuff we really don't need :laughing: & the more we're in there, the more we spend.
I did this for my husband two years ago. His mother bought him the 6 day hopper through the mousesavers link to Undercover Tourist and we upgraded to the DVC AP at Epcot's Guest Service window. I thought it was going to be $100 to upgrade, and I think it turned out to be $90 or so.

We got some tickets at Undercover tourist this year and saved some money. OUr trips dates didn't seem to work out for annual passes as we don't know when we're going in 2010.
BTW, I bought the tickets before the mousesavers email came out on the fifteenth of the month--checked when it did, and it was only a $3-4 difference for 6 day base tickets. OK, I would have saved another $15-20, but it wasn't that big of a deal.
Robin M.

I just checked the AAA on-line site and compared it to Undercover Tourist for the tickets I need for my adult children (not eligible for DVC AP discounts). The AAA site is $12.68 more per ticket. In the past when I've visited AAA offices in person they had tickets available at almost exactly the Undercover Tourist price.

HTH

Is it possible to buy base tix from undercovertourist and then at WDW, add the non-expiring option to days that are not used?

Thanks!

Yes, as long as you add the no-expire option within the first 14 days of use. And, you will have to pay the $$ amt to add no-expire to the ORIGIONAL # of days your ticket was for. As in, if you buy a 10 day ticket, and use 7 days of it, you can add no-expire to that ticket within the first 14 days of use, BUT you will have to pay the $$ amt for a 10 day ticket, not a 3 day one, KWIM??

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter