Cheapest site to book wdw resort

where/ who do you book with for the best deals?
I don't think that there is any single site that gives the best deals. We have gotten great deals through Orbitz using discount codes and Orbitz bucks. But we've also stayed at the GF and YC while attending meetings and have gotten phenomenal rates. I rented points from my brother before buying DVC and could not have stayed at AKV for the price that I paid him. And my next trip with my sister and nieces will be with a *free* dining package booked directly on Disney's website.

It's all a matter of deciding what you want and then looking for the very best deal that's available.

It really depends on when you going. For example, now cheaptickets is offering an extra 18% off of the fall discount rates through Disney.

If you are looking for "room only" discounts, we book through Orbitz and stack discounts (Orbitz discount on top of Disney room rates during Disney room discount sales) and this has been our best bet. We do not do dining plan, my understanding is that you can not add dining plan to Orbitz bookings. We buy our park tickets through reputable ticket sellers.

Like MsThumper, we also go with whatever saves us the most $ at that time. We only do RO reservations and I have now moved going directly through Disney down to 3rd on my list. A TA exclusive deal is 1st and has always beat whatever other deals I could find including "stacking". 2nd would be "stacking" ie an Orbitz discount on top of Disney's discount, ONLY if they have the resort we want to stay at. And if neither of those 2 are available then I book directly through Disney ONLY with a discount, will and have never paid rack. Then on top of that, we will pay it off using Disney GCs that we purchased with at at least 10% off.

Last edited:
It really depends on when you going. For example, now cheaptickets is offering an extra 18% off of the fall discount rates through Disney.

Do you know if this applies only to certain resort levels or dates? I got the same prices on Cheaptickets that I did on WDW's website for a September stay with the fall discount. Thanks!

I've tried Southwest Vacations, but the difference is minuscule most of the time. I book directly through WDW 99% of the time.

I haven't used Cheaptickets, but I know with Orbitz or Expedia they usually have a code you have to enter as part of the booking process to get the additional discount. So when I look at availability, it shows the same price as the Disney discount rate (so long as they haven't sold out of discounted rooms), then I add the code to reduce it further.

I just did a last minute trip (less than 60 days out which is not a lot of time in WDW planning). We rate shopped and found that Orbitz had different rooms available with discounts than WDW had. We ended up going with WDW direct as it was a 30% off a standard room at a deluxe resort, which beat the smaller discount Orbitz had at other resorts as they were mostly showing us higher rack rate rooms.

If you don't want a package or dining plan you actually have a lot of options to shop around. I am going to do some more research this week to see if I find anything cheaper (I have almost a month left to cancel), I just wanted to ensure we had something locked in as we only have one week we can travel now due to work.

we booked a standard room at pop back in june through travelocity for 5 nights in september, fees taxes everything out the door $457...i thought that was a good price! i searched the site one day for rooms, that night i got an email promo code for an additional %15 off!!!

Wherever you book, just be aware of the cancelation policies. Some online travel agencies (OTAs) charge a fee to cancel your reservation.

Additionally, when you book through them, the OTA "owns" the reservation. That means that any changes must be made through them. You can call Disney and ask questions or add requests, but Cast Members aren't able to make changes to the booking. I may be biased because I used to be a trainer at the Disney Reservations Center, but I think that Disney Cast Members are far better trained than the average OTA call center employee.

That said, if you're able to save hundreds of dollars by booking through Orbitz or another OTA, it's probably worth it.

Do you know if this applies only to certain resort levels or dates? I got the same prices on Cheaptickets that I did on WDW's website for a September stay with the fall discount. Thanks!

Im not sure about the resorts/levels but you do have to add a code. The code right now is BEACHSIDE.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter